Public Folder Task Owner Isseus (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders

ddockter -> Public Folder Task Owner Isseus (2.Dec.2009 2:12:02 PM)

We've created a public folder task list.  The owner of the PF created several tasks and then changed the task owner of one of the to someone else.  I've added the new owner with Author permissions.  But they are not able to make changes to the task - get the message "your changes could not be saved because you don't have permissions to modify some or all of the items in the folder".  If I make that person an Owner of the PF, they can obviously modify the task.  Seems I must be missing something.

uemurad -> RE: Public Folder Task Owner Isseus (2.Dec.2009 2:15:03 PM)

Author allows the user to create new items, but only edit those he/she created.  You need to assign Editor permissions or a customized form of Author.

ddockter -> RE: Public Folder Task Owner Isseus (2.Dec.2009 2:20:44 PM)

Thanks.  What purpose does the Owner field on the Task serve?  Is this really only a comment - has nothing to do with the actual owner of the task in so far as permissions are concerned?

uemurad -> RE: Public Folder Task Owner Isseus (2.Dec.2009 2:26:45 PM)

Ownership is analogous to Windows folder permissions.  It gives all permissions, including the ability to edit permissions.

ddockter -> RE: Public Folder Task Owner Isseus (2.Dec.2009 2:43:14 PM)

Guess I'm still not understanding then why Author permissions wouldn't work since I designated on the task that this person was the owner of that task.  If they are the owner of a task, shouldn't Author give them all the permissions they need?

uemurad -> RE: Public Folder Task Owner Isseus (2.Dec.2009 3:44:47 PM)

It's not a matter of who is assigned the task, the creator of the task is the Author.

ddockter -> RE: Public Folder Task Owner Isseus (2.Dec.2009 3:53:57 PM)

Thanks for the clarification - and your patience.  I've got it now.

Page: [1]