• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

exchange server active directory

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> exchange server active directory Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
exchange server active directory - 9.Dec.2009 10:48:11 PM   
aidnluci

HI All,

I just installed Exchange Server 2010 yesterday.  The installation completed but I received some error messages while opening EMC.  I decided to uninstall Exchange Server 2010 but the system would not allow me to.  Than I decided to simply wipe out the system and start fresh.  I reinstalled Windows 2008 Server Standard Edition and than Exchange Server 2010 with the typical settings.  The installation was successful this time but now I have the original Exchange Server displaying in EMC.  Is there a way to remove the original Exchange Server?  Is the original Exchange Server stuck in ad?  Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: exchange server active directory - 10.Dec.2009 5:08:00 PM   
jveldh

Hi,

Please use adsiedit to have a look in the Active Directory. Open the configuration partition and browse to services. Below that folder an item Exchange should be listed. Then find the server and delete it.

Keep in mind that you first create a backup of the AD before doiung this.

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to aidnluci)
Post #: 2
RE: exchange server active directory - 10.Dec.2009 5:11:52 PM   
aidnluci

thank you very much

(in reply to jveldh)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> exchange server active directory Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter