• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Microsoft Outlook 2003 status disconnected and reported error (0x80040110)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Microsoft Outlook 2003 status disconnected and reported error (0x80040110) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft Outlook 2003 status disconnected and reported... - 10.Dec.2009 3:27:36 AM   
zillah

 

Posts: 11
Joined: 10.Feb.2007
Status: offline
Hi
 
One of the client (OS XP Prof) his Microsoft Outlook 2003 (not office XP) shows status disconnected from Exchange 2003 (Win2003 SP2 Active Directory environment).
 
I tried to Google but all the solutions that I found so far could not solve the issue
 
I uninstalled Microsoft office from the client PC and installed fresh copy with OfficeSP2 still I am experiencing same problem.
 
I created new profile but I did not find it worked,,,,I do not know if I did it right or not
 
Unchecked and Checked " Use Cashed Exchange Mode ".
 
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=fxI&q=Task+Microsoft+Exchange+Server++reported+error+This+server+is+not+available.+Contact+your+Administrator+if+this+condition+persists.&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=o&oq=
 
The error message that I am receiving is
 
quote:

Task ' Microsoft Exchange Server ' reported error (0x80040110) : ' This server is not available. Contact your Administrator if this condition persists. '

 
I tried the thread below which is same my issue that I  have been experiencing
 
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Email_Servers/Exchange/Q_23021639.html
 
From the client PC that has this issue  I can ping the server (192.168.0.50) , but I can not ping the name of the server (telserver)  and I cannot use name either when I try remotely to RDP to the server and I can browse the internet.
 
From other PCs (I tried two of the) I can ping server name and ip address of the server and I can use the server name as well when I try remotely to RDP to the server.

The funny thing when I create (testing purpose) the profile for this client on a different PC (PCs that are belong to his colleagues at work) outlook works like charm

 
Thanks
 

< Message edited by zillah -- 10.Dec.2009 5:33:36 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Microsoft Outlook 2003 status disconnected and repo... - 10.Dec.2009 9:45:15 AM   
uemurad

 

Posts: 8232
Joined: 7.Jan.2004
From: California, USA
Status: offline
quote:

when I create (testing purpose) the profile for this client on a different PC (PCs that are belong to his colleagues at work) outlook works like charm
That indicates the problem is localized to that specific PC.  It could be some other software on that PC.  It could be the Desktop Firewall is getting in the way.

Also know that Outlook is especially sensitive to network issues.  Try connecting (moving) the PC at one of the colleagues stations to see if it's the physical network port or patch cable.  It could also be the network card in the PC itself.  You could try swapping NICs or moving that hard drive to an identical PC.

_____________________________

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to zillah)
Post #: 2
RE: Microsoft Outlook 2003 status disconnected and repo... - 11.Dec.2009 9:03:15 PM   
zillah

 

Posts: 11
Joined: 10.Feb.2007
Status: offline
Hi

I have been advised to try to check the ping between two workstations (PC clients) , first when I checked ip addresses I discovered one PC ip address is 192.168.0.68 (This is what suppose to be it is in the correct rang at work) and ip address for the PC client the has an issue is 192.168.10.2 (here is an alert).

The reason for that is an ethernet cable from a wall jack is connected to a WL-520G ASUS router (WAN port) and another ethernet cable from the router LAN port is connected to the PC client that has an issue with his outlook,,,,this was made by previous IT guy (it mean to be for wireless access within that section).

Now every thing was working before for sure outlook was working before I posted my question in this forum (I am aware of the router was there, but I did not expect that issue with ip addresses) but it seems to me that my client played (messed) with cabling connection (but I am not sure ) ,,,, I have to check with him later.

Now what I did  I connected the cable from the wall jack to the client PC directly , outlook is online again and status of it is connected.

Thanks

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Microsoft Outlook 2003 status disconnected and reported error (0x80040110) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Follow TechGenix on Twitter