• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange will not start

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Exchange will not start Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange will not start - 14.Dec.2009 9:07:18 AM   
rperkins09

I have a SBS 2003 that is not functioning.

ALL the exchange services are off. I tried to start them, but The Microsoft Exchange 2003 SBS System Attendant service will not start. It is giving me the error 1053: "the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." I restarted the server and got the same error.

The server was working properly last week.. any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange will not start - 14.Dec.2009 9:25:00 AM   
mark@mvps.org

That's a bit vague unfortunately. Look for space remaining on the system, look for other things in the event logs. Got anything else you can tell us?

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to rperkins09)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange will not start - 14.Dec.2009 1:03:56 PM   
rperkins09

I will try.. I try to open the Exchange console and it states that the MMC can not create the snapin.

When I goto the Services and try to start any exchange service, it comes back with Error 1053: The service did not repsond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

When I look in the event viewer (system), it shows the exact itedm. Event ID 7000

The hard drive spacing is as follows: the c: as 15.3 GB free (@ 50%) and the log area with 8 GB free (50%)

Not sure what else to do..

This server is going to be replaced and the only information needed from the exchange is the Public Folders.

the new 2008 SBS has been implemented and is on a seperate domain.

what other in would be helpful? Thanks

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Exchange will not start Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter