EDB recovered but mail not in inbox (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General

scngan -> EDB recovered but mail not in inbox (27.Dec.2009 12:37:41 AM)

Hi members.

i did an recovery on 1 of my exchage 2000 server. Everything was fine. EDB defgrementation was done too.

EDB manage to mount back to information store and i able to see all the user mailbox from the system manager.

Inbox mail number and size was listed down also.

But weired thing happen. if 1 of the user login in their OWA, will showed no mail the inbox and message count will reset to 0 after system manager being refresh.

When it was first restored without user login, system manage will show the mail was in the mailbox.

Any idea how to solve this issue ?

Thanks in advanced.

uemurad -> RE: EDB recovered but mail not in inbox (27.Dec.2009 12:52:54 AM)

What does the Exchange System Manager report now?

scngan -> RE: EDB recovered but mail not in inbox (27.Dec.2009 3:48:50 AM)

once the user login, the inbox/message count will be reset to 0. size 0.
everything will still working fine. i just wondering why it will reset to 0 and the mail are missing and if that the mail already total lost and system manager just show the last status or what....

uemurad -> RE: EDB recovered but mail not in inbox (27.Dec.2009 8:11:07 AM)

It sounds like perhaps the user has a client set up that is removing the messages into a PST file. OWA doesn't do that, but Outlook can.

scngan -> RE: EDB recovered but mail not in inbox (27.Dec.2009 10:23:48 AM)

nope. the recovered server is on a external isolate network which no user able to access the mail.

Im the 1 who test login to my own mailbox in the isolated network and found out this issue.

i can confirm my mailbox contain mail as i didnt use any client mail software except owa.

scngan -> RE: EDB recovered but mail not in inbox (27.Dec.2009 11:30:16 PM)

update to this issue.

if i access to my M: folder, i open my own folder inbox, i cant see any mail inside the inbox.

How can all the mail just lost like that ?

Page: [1]