Exchange Management Console Snap-ins Missing! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation

norbie -> Exchange Management Console Snap-ins Missing! (30.Dec.2009 7:33:55 PM)

Hi. I've just done a clean install of Server 2008 R2 and Exchange 2010.

All appeared to go smoothly apart from I received an error telling me that a snap in stopped working in the Exchange Management Console (EMC).

Now when I load the EMC there are loads of options missing, and everything is greyed out when I try to edit a user (as well as tabs like email addresses being missing).

Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean:

[image]http://i48.tinypic.com/2u5dnoy.jpg[/image]

Mail appears to be working at the moment but that's no good as I can't change the settings I want to or even create new mailboxes. I can't find anything in event viewer to give clues, the only thing that's happened on the server is a few windows update - antispam update and silverlight as well as installing office 2010 beta.

Any ideas?

norbie -> RE: Exchange Management Console Snap-ins Missing! (30.Dec.2009 7:45:30 PM)

Apologies, I've fixed this myself. Because I had installed Outlook 2010 to use with Exchange, I had saved credentials for a non-administrator account, thus storing and using these credentials for all exchange based activities such as EMS. Removing the cached credentials fixes the problem!

Page: [1]