• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Clearing Exchange 2000 attributes from AD on Windows 2008 Server for installation of Exchange 2010

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Clearing Exchange 2000 attributes from AD on Windows 2008 Server for installation of Exchange 2010 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Clearing Exchange 2000 attributes from AD on Windows 20... - 2.Jan.2010 3:42:25 PM   
aserdp

Hello,
To start, I hope this is the post in the right forum. I was confused since it involves Windows 2008 Server, ADS and Exchange.

So here is the tale and I hope I will get some leads here to solve it.

One of our other admins just migrated a single Domain ADS from Windows 2000 to Windows 2008. The windows 2000 server has the exchange 2000 running on it. Now before he retired the windows 2000 server out of the domain, for safety sakes (he had his reasons) didnt remove exchange.. but essential disabled it. So in essence the AD users attributes I see have references to the exchange 2000 server. He did delete the Windows 2000 server from the server entries and some other places.

Well I was supposed to put exchange 2010 over there and now it complains of legacy 2000 and incompatibility and cannot install...

In short, I want to know the safest way of clearing the exchange 2000 info, so that I can install 2010 on this.

Hope some of you experts will shed some time.

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Clearing Exchange 2000 attributes from AD on Window... - 3.Jan.2010 10:42:23 AM   
Jesper Bernle

Hopefully this can work for you - How to completely remove Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 from Active Directory

If not you will be facing the task of introducing the Exchange 2000 Server back online and remove cleanly or upgrading to Exchange 2003 SP2.

If you are really unlucky the Domain Level has been raised to 2008 making the introduction of the old 2000 server impossible.

Letīs hope that the above link makes you happy.

(in reply to aserdp)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Clearing Exchange 2000 attributes from AD on Windows 2008 Server for installation of Exchange 2010 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter