• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2000 problem, some mails stays in local delivery after moving exchange 2000 to the new PC

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Exchange 2000 problem, some mails stays in local delivery after moving exchange 2000 to the new PC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2000 problem, some mails stays in local delive... - 5.Jan.2010 3:24:15 AM   
andews13

Hallo all

I have big problem with my exchange server, I will v describe the scenario:

1. we had big issue with IBM server few days ago, our server fall down completely, so I decied to install the exactly the same exchange server with the same name, IP adress and so on according Microsoft articles: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297289 .I had to use to only one computer I had - 2GB Pentium 4 with 2GB RAM with normall 7.2k HDD. I do it everthing right and restored backup of Information store and public folders by Symantec Backup Exec form tape.

2. Everything seems to work perfectly, only the outlook client I have to reconnect again, respectively on some clients PC I had to create new profile to connect to the server.

but... now I have two strange issues I need to solve:
1. some users get emails messed up, it means, that in some emails there were next emails as attachements. I mean, for example, with today message, client had two attachements with emails two days old.

2. two of the client have problem to recevie the emails to the mailbox, all emails stay in Local Delivery. Only two of users, no more (so far) can not receive emails.

So, I am considering, if it can be the problem with temporar server on weak PC with performance. So, this is the second part of question, if I have to move it on better server (probably VMware guest with better hardware) I do not know, what way to choose:

A. use Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery to backup all the server and then convert it by VMware **** to the VM (I heard, that straight conversion of Win2000 Server by **** has same issues)

B. create new VM and install exactly the same server (as I have done before) and move exchange to it and restore database fromy new backup.

sorry for the long post, but I am not professional with Exchange and this is big problem, I really need help.

thank you for all replies
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Exchange 2000 problem, some mails stays in local delivery after moving exchange 2000 to the new PC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter