• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

New install, OWA missing files

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> New install, OWA missing files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New install, OWA missing files - 7.Jan.2010 10:26:30 AM   
mdupuis

I have a new SBS 2003 installation (now live) and exchange is working fine for local outlook clients.

I'm now trying to use OWA and although the OWA folders exist in the default IIS website, all subfolders except Exchweb are empty.  When I browse to to my https://server/exchange I get an error  because there is no page there.

I have reinstalled Exchange 2003 (from the SBS2003 disk), and installed Exchange SP2 on top.  No improvement.  I tried deleting the DS2MBkey from the IIS metabase and the folders were recreated but not the files within them.

I must be missing something obvious / stupid...can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Michelle
Post #: 1
RE: New install, OWA missing files - 7.Jan.2010 3:46:09 PM   
uemurad

HTTPS (secure HTTP) will only function if you've installed an SSL certificate. What happens if you use HTTP instead? That should be available by default. Or better yet, log onto the server and open the browser to http://localhost/exchange.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to mdupuis)
Post #: 2
RE: New install, OWA missing files - 7.Jan.2010 3:54:04 PM   
mdupuis

I just tried your suggestioin (http://localhost/exchange) and got the same response in the browser -see below.  The problem I see is that the virtual IIS directory /exchange is empty!  Should EX2003 install have put some files in there?

quote:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
    Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected. 

Retype the address. 

Go back to the previous page.

More information

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> New install, OWA missing files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter