• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 User unknown'

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 User unknown' Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 User unknown' - 7.Jan.2010 4:56:17 PM   
ljgross

Using Exchange 2007 sp2 with Forefront. This issue just started right after Christmas. Any new user I setup is in AD and is listed in the GAL. I can send internally and externally, but anything sent to my system gives The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 User unknown'. I can disable the block messages sent to recipients option in the recipient filter and it works, but there has to be a better solution. The only updates installed are for defender and the anti-spam ones.
Post #: 1
RE: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 User unknown' - 12.Jan.2010 2:52:52 PM   
ljgross

Here is the solution to my issue. Obviously the bold items are changed.

1) Checked we are getting NDR 5.1.0 - Unknown user error 550-'5.1.1 user unknown' when the mail sent from external account and Recipient Filtering is enabled on the Edge server.
2) When the Recipient Filtering is unchecked "Block messages sent to recipients not listed in the Global Address List" on the Edge server the external user do not get NDR.
3) Attempted to run the command Start-EdgeSynchronization on the Hub server got the following error.

Got the result “CouldNotConnect”

4) Checked the application log and found following Event ID.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MSExchange EdgeSync
Date:          1/8/2010 11:14:51 AM
Event ID:      1036
Task Category: Topology
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      FQDN of exchange
Description:
Microsoft Exchange couldn't connect to forefront FQDN by using credentials <some text and number>. The password hash is <set of alfpanumeric characters>. An expired replication account is the cause. Resubscribe the Edge Transport server by running the New-EdgeSubscription command on both Edge Transport server forefront FQDN and this server again. You do not have to run the Remove-EdgeSubscription command.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="MSExchange EdgeSync" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49156">1036</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>2</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-01-08T17:14:51.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>509917</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>FQDN of exchange</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>forefront FQDN </Data>
    <Data>some text
  </EventData>
</Event>

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MSExchange EdgeSync
Date:          1/8/2010 11:15:40 AM
Event ID:      1024
Task Category: Topology
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      FQDN of exchange
Description:
The connection to the ADAM instance of the Edge Transport server failed with exception "The supplied credential is invalid.". This could be caused by a failure to resolve the Edge Transport server name forefront FQDN in DNS, a failure when trying to connect to port 50636 on Edge Transport server forefront FQDN , network connectivity issues, an invalid certificate, or an expired subscription. Verify the configurations of your network and server.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="MSExchange EdgeSync" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49156">1024</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>2</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-01-08T17:15:40.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>509919</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>FQDN of exchange</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>The supplied credential is invalid.</Data>
    <Data>forefront FQDN </Data>
    <Data>50636</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

5) Ran the command Get-ExchangeCertificate | fl
6) We have got two certificate one is exchange self signed certificate and the another one is third party certificate.
7) Exchange self signed certificate got expired.
8) Removed the self signed certificate using the command Remove-ExchangeCertificate –Thumbprint “Thumbprint of the certificate expired”
9) Created a new self signed certificate using the command New-ExchangeCertificate –DomainName “FQDN of the Domain”
10) Deleted the Edge subscription using the command Remove-EdgeSubscription and created a new Edge Subscription.
11) Restarted the Microsoft Exchange EdgeSync and Microsoft Exchange Transport Service on the Hub Server
12) Restarted the Microsoft Exchange Adam Service on the Edge server.
13) Ran the command Start-EdgeSynchronizaton and Test-EdgeSynchronization ok.
14) Tested the mailflow ok.

(in reply to ljgross)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 User unknown' Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter