• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Use Smart host for sending internal email

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Use Smart host for sending internal email Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Use Smart host for sending internal email - 13.Jan.2010 6:43:48 AM   
sscele

Hi everybody. I just setup new SBS 2008 in my company, start to join computers in domain, and client's Outlook connect to Exchange. As temporally solution I've managed SBS 2008 to use POP3 connector for my mailboxes, until I join all computers in my network to domain, and all clients Outlook with Exchange.

Now situation is difficult: some of clients are in domain, some are not. Some are connected to Exchange, some still to my ISP mail server. Users connected to Exchange can't send mail to users connected to my ISP mail server. Apparently there is some problem with DNS but I cant figure out what?

Thanks in advance. And sorry for my bad English.
Post #: 1
RE: Use Smart host for sending internal email - 13.Jan.2010 7:16:01 AM   
adrian.pettitt

Have you created and configured a send connector under organisation configuration - hub transport - send connectors?

Adrian

(in reply to sscele)
Post #: 2
RE: Use Smart host for sending internal email - 13.Jan.2010 7:30:23 AM   
sscele

Thanks for reply Adrian.

I have send connector. It's configured to route mail thorougha my ISP mail server. Outlook clients connected to Exchange can send mail, but only to external domains (eg. google or hotmail...), and only to clients that are also connected to Exchange.

I want to configure send connector to handle and route all email internal and internet email via my ISP mail server.

Thanks.

(in reply to adrian.pettitt)
Post #: 3
RE: Use Smart host for sending internal email - 13.Jan.2010 7:33:33 AM   
adrian.pettitt

Do the users who are using your ISP:
a: use the same domain name in their email addresses as internally on Exchange.
b: Do they have AD accounts even if they are not using Exchange?

Adrian

(in reply to sscele)
Post #: 4
RE: Use Smart host for sending internal email - 13.Jan.2010 7:53:02 AM   
sscele

quote:

Do the users who are using your ISP:
a: use the same domain name in their email addresses as internally on Exchange

Yes, all users use same domain name.

quote:

b: Do they have AD accounts even if they are not using Exchange?

No, they still haven't AD accounts.

Idea is that all users in near future, have AD accounts, join in domain and all clients Outlook connect to Exchange. At that moment, my domain MX record will be pointed to my Exchange server. But now I must use my ISP mail server until i handle all my clients.

Thanks for reply!

Post #: 5
RE: Use Smart host for sending internal email - 13.Jan.2010 8:03:11 AM   
adrian.pettitt

I would suggest then that the issue is with your internal domain configuration on the organisation - hub transport config.
Go the accepted domains tab and you should see your domain. It is probably authoritative, you should change that to be internal relay, I believe.

The reason is that Exchange currently thinks it is authoritative for your email domain and will not send any emails out it thinks it is authoritative for.

Adrian

(in reply to sscele)
Post #: 6
RE: Use Smart host for sending internal email - 13.Jan.2010 8:44:18 AM   
sscele

quote:

ORIGINAL: adrian.pettitt

I would suggest then that the issue is with your internal domain configuration on the organisation - hub transport config.
Go the accepted domains tab and you should see your domain. It is probably authoritative, you should change that to be internal relay, I believe.

The reason is that Exchange currently thinks it is authoritative for your email domain and will not send any emails out it thinks it is authoritative for.

Adrian

Thanks man, I have configured my domain in Hub transport > Accepted domains to be Internal relay, everything work great!

Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Use Smart host for sending internal email Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter