• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Windows SBS 2003 Email issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Windows SBS 2003 Email issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows SBS 2003 Email issues - 14.Jan.2010 8:03:41 AM   
the80sroklej

Hi there, Fantastic site!

was wondering if I could have some guidance from you clever people.

Ok so we have Windows 2003 SBS and are facing problems with our exchange.

Long story short:

1. We were with webhost(A) where we used a global email *@company.com. Our SBS server would filter mail to employess in the office, e.g. gary@company.com. Everything worked fine, just we wanted a better webhost with updated facilities.

2. we got a new webhost(B), they didnt support global email after changing nameservers and reconfiguring the SBS server with webhostB pop and smtp info. 12 hours later our mail stopped working, as expected. so we decided to go back to webhost(A) that day.

3. After changing nameservers and reconfiguring the SBS server (back to original pop / smtp settings we are still no longer able to recieve mail and after 24hours passing.

I dont get any error messages in the event viewer when Syncronizing email from the Pop connecter.

I also dont get any error messages when using the "retrieve mail" in the Pop Connector.

My Quesstions:

Do I simply need to wait longer for the global mail to propergate (even though the domain and name servers seemed to have propogated)

Do I need to update any other entries in SBS server? (All I have run is the "repair internet and email settings" wizard and ammended the pop and smtp info for the webhost.

Any help greatly appriciated
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Windows SBS 2003 Email issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter