• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

placing exchange in our company

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> placing exchange in our company Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
placing exchange in our company - 19.Jan.2010 3:22:05 AM   
moayads

we are a new company and we use the (mother company+bank) exchange server under two domains one for the bank ((bankdomain.com)) and one for the mother company ((mothercompanydomain.com)) and they can send to internet mails
so we are using the ((mothercompanydomain.com)) for our mails .
we need to take control of the exchange server to manage our accounts and set who can send internet mails and to which recipients can send ( specific recipients or only to white list )
i need to install exchange server in our company .
so what i need to do:
1- install new server
2- setup a secondary exchange server and get some delegation from them
      these are the requirements for us
  •   keeping the email addresses like the mother company and sending and receiving mails from internet mails through the mother company server
  • enable our users to send internet mails to a specific recipients only)
Post #: 1
RE: placing exchange in our company - 19.Jan.2010 7:13:36 AM   
mark@mvps.org

What both you and the other company both need to do, together, is to google for "sharing SMTP address space" and see the Microsoft KB article which has that title. There is something for you both to do and you will need to decide on a couple of things between you, like ownership.

As for the sending to specific addresses only, you're going to find yourself out of luck. It's a pointless exercise since anyone with 18 seconds of PC experience will get around, probably by the use of a fax. Or an envelope. Or their home email. If you have that much of a concern about people sending stuff to people they shouldn't, deliberately or inadvertently you probably shouldn't be employing them in the first place. That's the general take on requests like this.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to moayads)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> placing exchange in our company Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter