• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

The Exchange Topology service on server localhost did not return a suitable domain controller.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> The Exchange Topology service on server localhost did not return a suitable domain controller. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Exchange Topology service on server localhost did n... - 24.Jan.2010 12:01:41 AM   
picku67

Kindly Help us, Our Exchange was working fine and now we received this error. Any support is very much appreciated.

Request
Url: https://ausv-moss01.alfaisal.edu:443/owa/auth/error.aspx?url=https://ausv-moss01.alfaisal.edu/owa/&reason=0
User host address: --------(i hide this address)

Exception
Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.OwaInvalidConfigurationException
Exception message: The Exchange Topology service on server localhost did not return a suitable domain controller.

Call stack

Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.OwaConfigurationManager.CreateAndLoadConfigurationManager()
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.Globals.InitializeApplication()
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.Global.ExecuteApplicationStart(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Inner Exception
Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.NoSuitableServerFoundException
Exception message: The Exchange Topology service on server localhost did not return a suitable domain controller.

Call stack

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.DSAccessTopologyProvider.GetConfigDCInfo(Boolean throwOnFailure)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.TopologyProvider.PopulateConfigNamingContexts()
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.TopologyProvider.GetConfigurationNamingContext()
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetConnection(String preferredServer, Boolean isWriteOperation, Boolean isNotifyOperation, ADObjectId& rootId)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetReadConnection(String preferredServer, ADObjectId& rootId)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Find(ADObjectId rootId, String optionalBaseDN, ADObjectId readId, QueryScope scope, QueryFilter filter, SortBy sortBy, Int32 maxResults, IEnumerable`1 properties, CreateObjectDelegate objectCreator, CreateObjectsDelegate arrayCreator)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Find(ADObjectId rootId, QueryScope scope, QueryFilter filter, SortBy sortBy, Int32 maxResults, IEnumerable`1 properties, CreateObjectDelegate objectCtor, CreateObjectsDelegate arrayCtor)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Find[TResult](ADObjectId rootId, QueryScope scope, QueryFilter filter, SortBy sortBy, Int32 maxResults, IEnumerable`1 properties)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SystemConfiguration.ADSystemConfigurationSession.Find[TResult](ADObjectId rootId, QueryScope scope, QueryFilter filter, SortBy sortBy, Int32 maxResults)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SystemConfiguration.ADSystemConfigurationSession.FindServerByFqdn(String serverFqdn)
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SystemConfiguration.ADSystemConfigurationSession.FindLocalServer()
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.OwaConfigurationManager.InitializeConfigurationManager()
Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.OwaConfigurationManager.CreateAndLoadConfigurationManager()
Post #: 1
RE: The Exchange Topology service on server localhost d... - 24.Jan.2010 11:01:58 AM   
Jesper Bernle

Id check the communication to the domain controller with a tool called DCDIAG - Dcdiag Overview

You could also check general network connectivity with NetDiag - Netdiag Overview

(in reply to picku67)
Post #: 2
RE: The Exchange Topology service on server localhost d... - 25.Jan.2010 12:33:50 AM   
picku67

Dear Sir

We have installed a new instance of Exchange server 2007 as our old server got corrupted.

The exchange server 2007 works fine on the new machine.

When we tried to attach the mailbox from the old database backup, we get the following error:

Failed to mount database "Mailbox Databases"

Mailbox database
Failed
Error;
Exchange is unable to mount the database that you specified. Specified database: Server name\First storage Group\Mailbox Database; Error code: MapiExceptionCallFailed: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-544).

My next question is:
We have the backup for the storage groups and their logs, please suggest us the procedure to attach and mount old databases to the new exchange server.

We are very much thankful for your earlier reply. This is my first interaction with msexhcange forum. Any help is very much appreciated.

(in reply to Jesper Bernle)
Post #: 3
RE: The Exchange Topology service on server localhost d... - 25.Jan.2010 2:19:01 PM   
Jesper Bernle

You have to rebuild your original server as Exchange version prior to Exchange 2010 is really tied to the Server object and cannot be mounted (at least not easily) on another server.

Recovering an Exchange 2007 Server using the RecoverServer switch

There are utlilities for extracting data from an orphaned database: OnTrack Power Controls

(in reply to picku67)
Post #: 4
RE: The Exchange Topology service on server localhost d... - 27.Jan.2010 5:29:10 AM   
picku67

Thanks so much Jesper. We managed with a complete new installation and moved pst files individually.

(in reply to Jesper Bernle)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> The Exchange Topology service on server localhost did not return a suitable domain controller. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter