• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Autodiscover with multiple domain names

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Autodiscover with multiple domain names Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Autodiscover with multiple domain names - 26.Jan.2010 11:37:01 AM   
its skeemz

I was hoping I can get a little help with a possible issue.

The exchange organization is currently setup like this. users have an email address of user@ourdomain.com. My OWA address is https://webmail.anotherdomain.com and the certificate is setup with webmail.anotherdomain.com.

I notice on the public DNS  server...we have an A Record for webmail.anotherdomain.com that points to the CAS server. I notice there is a CNAME(i think its suppose to be an A record) that has autodiscover.anotherdomain.com  that points to ourdomain.com

However, the ourdomain.com record is not pointing to the CAS server. It points to the same IP as our website, but we don't handle the website in house. It is outsourced. I feel like Autodiscover is pointing to the wrong place

Internally, everything works fine. I have even connected via Outlook Anywhere without a VPN connection and it worked fine. I assumed that everything is okay.

However, when I try to setup mobile devices like iPhones, I have to manually install the certificates on the devices.

I have 1 Exchange server. 1 forest. I have users who's primary smtps are @ourdomain.com , @anotherdomain.com, @ourdomain.ch, and @ourdomain.uk

I'm just wondering how does Autodiscover get setup in a situation like this. And also, should the Autodiscover DNS entry point to the same IP as Webmail.anotherdomain.com? Do I need multiple autodiscover entries in DNS and on the third party certificates?

This is confusing. Thx.

< Message edited by its skeemz -- 26.Jan.2010 11:39:44 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Autodiscover with multiple domain names - 14.Feb.2010 4:41:03 AM   
adrian.pettitt

It sounds to me like you are describing two issues.
With regard to the posted issue of autodiscover.
When autodiscover is being used it looks for autodiscover.emailaddresses.domain. or emaildresses.domain/autodiscover.
So in your case autodiscover.ourdomain.com.
You can have a new DNS record setup to point to your CAS server. which should help to fix the problem.
I suggest you look at
http://msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2010/management-administration/exchange-autodiscover.html
for some more indepth info. Also have you tested autodiscover externally using
https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/
You need a test account for this.

Adrian

(in reply to its skeemz)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Autodiscover with multiple domain names Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter