• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

2 SBS 2003, 1 Domain, 1 DC, 1 Exchange 2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> 2 SBS 2003, 1 Domain, 1 DC, 1 Exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 SBS 2003, 1 Domain, 1 DC, 1 Exchange 2003 - 27.Jan.2010 4:50:04 AM   
utdgood

Hi All,

I am wondering if it's possible for me to setup two SBS 2003 servers in the same domain, the first one would be the DC and File Server, the second would run the Exchange feature.

I plan to install the first server this Saturday, then the server running SBS with Exchange on the Sunday, I am wondering what I would need to to do so that the server running Exchange reads the DC's Active Directory and so that I can create mail enabled accounts?

Any help would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: 2 SBS 2003, 1 Domain, 1 DC, 1 Exchange 2003 - 21.Feb.2010 8:21:40 PM   
choppol

You can only have 1 DC for SBS. What you will need to do is to have another server as a member server and then install exchange on that but from memory SBS prompt you to install Exchange as part of the SBS setup.

(in reply to utdgood)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> 2 SBS 2003, 1 Domain, 1 DC, 1 Exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter