• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mails Missing from Draft - After Mailbox Movement

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Mails Missing from Draft - After Mailbox Movement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mails Missing from Draft - After Mailbox Movement - 27.Jan.2010 5:36:44 AM   
raghuram

Team,

I have been moved one of the user mailbox from one Exchnage server to another.

Movement was succeffull, But the user is saying that some of the e-mails were missing from the draft folder.

User was using the Outlook at the time of Movement.

Could you please help , is there way to retrive those e-mails ?

Post #: 1
RE: Mails Missing from Draft - After Mailbox Movement - 27.Jan.2010 9:09:24 AM   
uemurad

Probably not.  Having the user in Outlook at the time of the move should not have contributed to the issue - Exchange disconnects all sessions to that mailbox while it is being moved.  More likely is that the messages got left behind because of a corruption issue.  If there is an OST file still intact from the old mailbox location, you may be able to retrieve the information as long as it hasn't been reconnected to Exchange (open it offline).

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to raghuram)
Post #: 2
RE: Mails Missing from Draft - After Mailbox Movement - 7.Aug.2010 7:10:27 AM   
bibomaria

Hi !

It's a common error when you move your mailbox , mails are not found . i have all ready raced such a problem. to recover this problem i used a software that works very well. you can find it at:: www.exchangemailboxrecovery.com

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Mails Missing from Draft - After Mailbox Movement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter