• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Routing mail outbound and sharing address space

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Routing mail outbound and sharing address space Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Routing mail outbound and sharing address space - 4.Feb.2010 6:32:29 PM   
wavegeek

We are currently sharing addres space(same smtp domain) with another organization and will be taking over that name space soon. Users have not been migrated over although their accounts have been created in my Exchange organization. In Exchange I have the accepted domain set-up as an internal relay domain, the email address poicy for that domain and the send connector. Since we have the same address space as the other organization, can I senf a messsage to say john.doe@abc.com hosted in my Exchange organization and then send mail out of my Exchange organization to john.doe@abc.com that is hosted by the other organization? Will exchange think that if an address already exists in the local smtp domain the message is intended for, why forward to the same address space somewhere else?
Post #: 1
RE: Routing mail outbound and sharing address space - 5.Feb.2010 1:55:16 PM   
VijayaRelangovan

You can change it to external relay, and create a send connector for that domain by mentioning the internal ip address of the other Exchagne server

< Message edited by VijayaRelangovan -- 5.Feb.2010 3:24:26 PM >

With regards,
VJ
MCSE 2003 & MCSA Messaging
http://learnmsexchange.wordpress.com/

(in reply to wavegeek)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Routing mail outbound and sharing address space Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter