• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

adding exchange 2003 server to remote office....

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> adding exchange 2003 server to remote office.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
adding exchange 2003 server to remote office.... - 16.Feb.2010 9:42:45 AM   
abbobast

Hi, our company has acquired a small company in Dublin (5 users). We want to install a new Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 server at this office. This new server will be part of our AD Domain & Exchange 2003 organisation. Our offices will be connected via ADSL VPN.

I am going to create a new site in AD for Dublin and will allow an employee down there to administer this site (ie users & permissions etc). The new server will be a DC and will run DNS & DHCP services for this site.

I was simply going to add the Exchange as "an additional Exchange Server to an existing organisation". Is that all I have to do or are there any further considerations or tips?

This is my 1st time doing this so any help in the Exchange or Windows Server areas would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Paul. 
Post #: 1
RE: adding exchange 2003 server to remote office.... - 16.Feb.2010 10:09:10 AM   
mark@mvps.org

Why did you discount keeping the machines off the domain and implementing Outlook Anywhere? Five users are not-too-many for their own DC. What's the business requirement for their own server?

But, if you do need something (file services perhaps?) then just install the Exchange server and you're fine.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to abbobast)
Post #: 2
RE: adding exchange 2003 server to remote office.... - 16.Feb.2010 3:34:33 PM   
abbobast

Thanks for the reply Mark.

Yes, we need a server down there for file services and also a couple of database apps.

Thanks again.

Paul.

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> adding exchange 2003 server to remote office.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter