• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Weird NDR problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Weird NDR problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weird NDR problem - 17.Feb.2010 11:17:39 PM   
syn

Alright I will do my best to explain as I am limited in understanding the true nature of exchange (but I am getting there). I have domain A and domain B, I have created a user in B, from domain A (because domain A is going away). They both have the same smtp alias yet when I remove the exchange attributes from said user in domain A I get NDR user does not exist. When I added it back the account works as it should. This is a problem because it is used heavily and exporting to pst every hour is a pain in the ass.
Post #: 1
RE: Weird NDR problem - 18.Feb.2010 7:46:40 AM   
pwjones1969

We had sort of the same problem.  We had an employee come back after a few years.  When she was first here, we had a different exchange server - it was either 2000, or 2003 version.  People that were here before she left would get errors whenever they tried to send her an email after she came back.  New people would not.  The problem ended up being how Outlook stored her user settings for them.  If they started to type her name and deleted her name from the list that showed up - autocompletion - they could keep typing her email address/user and it would send just fine from then on.  The error messages actually showed where/how Exchange was trying to send it to the old server in the old way.

(in reply to syn)
Post #: 2
RE: Weird NDR problem - 18.Feb.2010 12:19:12 PM   
John Weber

Do a search for <profilename>.nk2 which is the autocomplete file for outlook of profile name xxx.

You have a couple of options...train people how to remove entries on their own, get a util to clean them out, or delete the file entirely.

Not sure that will fix your problem, but it might.

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

(in reply to pwjones1969)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Weird NDR problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter