• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
550 5.7.1 Unable to relay - 20.Feb.2010 1:20:40 AM   
jppete

Hi,

I have a setup installed Exchange and AD installed (2003+2003) in the same machine, this is only for 20+ mailboxes,not much.
Heres problem i can able to receive all the mails from internally and externally.But i cant able to send mails from exchange server to external domains.if i check with some smtp utilities,

SMTP Connection:
OK, connected to mail.digitalillusion.co.in...
< 220 mail.digitalillusion.co.in Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.3959 ready at Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:19:36 +0530
> HELO edit.dnsvr.com
< 250 mail.digitalillusion.co.in Hello [64.85.73.124]
> MAIL FROM:<test@digitalillusion.co.in>
< 250 2.1.0 test@digitalillusion.co.in....Sender OK
> RCPT TO:<paulpeterj@gmail.com>
< 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for paulpeterj@gmail.com

i am getting above error, since i never using any relay server or anything & configured IP on top of firewall and triggerred to my local ip.

Please let me know

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay - 20.Feb.2010 6:05:07 PM   
uemurad

Check your routing configuration.  Are you sending the outbound messages to a smarthost?  If so (which is likely), that is the system refusing to forward your messages.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to jppete)
Post #: 2
RE: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay - 21.Feb.2010 11:57:06 PM   
jppete

no we dont use any smart host. routing configurations?

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3
RE: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay - 22.Feb.2010 12:10:02 AM   
uemurad

The refusal to relay indicates that your message was delivered to an SMTP system that:
1.  Does not handle mail for @gmail.com
2.  Does not forward mail for @gmail.com

The simplest reason for this happening is that you are sending your outbound mail to a smarthost, and that system is refusing to forward (relay) your message.

Routing configurations in Exchange can be simple or complicated.  You may be routing via your Default SMTP Virtual Server, you may be routing via Routing Group Connectors, you may be routing via SMTP Connectors, or you may be routing using a combination of these.

Your Exchange may be configured to use DNS to route outbound mail, meaning it queries DNS to get the FQDN of the target domain, then attempts to establish an SMTP session with that FQDN.  If for some reason you are pointing to a DNS with incorrect information (usually a non-public DNS system), the delivery may not go as expected.

I suggest you perform some manual tests, first using NSLOOKUP, then Telnet.  That will give you more information about what your server is experiencing.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to jppete)
Post #: 4
RE: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay - 26.Mar.2010 6:32:25 AM   
jppete

Before posting here when i called my ISP provider, they confirmed that ports were opened for my IP.

Atlast i doubted their words and checked with my broadband wireless data card directly on server,Ohhh... i can able.

Again i called ISP providers and told them, then they did and worked for me.

whom i can blame?

But thanks to everyone.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter