• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

1 user cannot access attachments in a public folder

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> 1 user cannot access attachments in a public folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1 user cannot access attachments in a public folder - 12.Mar.2010 11:19:13 AM   
isdpcman

I have a public (mail enabled) folder for incoming internet faxes (PDF attachments) that the company uses. I have assigned the "Employees" group access to these emails (under Client Permissions as Publishing Authors and in directory rights, both in ESM). Everyone can view these emails but one employee cannot open the attachments. The error she gets is:  "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation". The odd thing is, if we drag the attachment for items that arrived "today" to her desktop she can open it but cannot access ANYTHING from yesterday or prior.

This is only happening to her. I have reinstalled Office and even tried a different computer and the same thing happens.

Any thoughts on what I need to change to let her view these PDF files?
Post #: 1
RE: 1 user cannot access attachments in a public folder - 12.Mar.2010 3:21:53 PM   
isdpcman

I'll look at that but I don't think this is the issue. She's got a new computer now (clean) and it's still got the same issue.
Post #: 2
RE: 1 user cannot access attachments in a public folder - 12.Mar.2010 3:35:33 PM   
uemurad

I do not know of any permissions in the Windows/Exchange world that are "timed". Either you have access or you don't - until you change something.

That said, do you have something else that touches the public folder? What application converts the fax to PDF format (check it for permission issues)?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to isdpcman)
Post #: 3
RE: 1 user cannot access attachments in a public folder - 12.Mar.2010 3:42:05 PM   
isdpcman

These faxes come in as a PDF attachment from the vendor. Don't know much more than that. Other than the fact that all others in the organization can open these. Maybe I just need to delete her account and recreate it...?

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 4
RE: 1 user cannot access attachments in a public folder - 12.Mar.2010 4:06:51 PM   
uemurad

I thought perhaps it was an internal application receiving and converting the faxes and that would lead us to something to investigate. If they are coming from the vendor, then it sounds like a simple Email with attachment that happens to be addressed to a mail-enabled public folder.

Again, I can't think of any mechanism that would "lock out" a user after a day. You can certainly try recreating the account, but I can't think of a good reason why that should have any effect. On the other hand, I can't say with any certainty that it won't work.

Sorry I can't be more help - if I think of anything I'll certainly chime in...

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to isdpcman)
Post #: 5
RE: 1 user cannot access attachments in a public folder - 12.Mar.2010 4:46:42 PM   
isdpcman

Ok...JUST this one public folder on the attachments issue. If she gets an email to HER email account things work fine. She can drag an attachment from TODAY's email in that public folder to her desktop, then double click and open it but cannot do that with any earlier email from that public folder. And, of course, can't open it directly from the email.
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> 1 user cannot access attachments in a public folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter