adding nodes to DAG issues (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability

ieuuk -> adding nodes to DAG issues (22.Mar.2010 5:01:12 PM)

Hi All,

I'm having some problems when i try and add some nodes to a DAG i've created and i cant seem to find anyone that has had the same issue as me.

The error i get is:
Error:
A server-side database availability group administrative operation failed. Error: The operation failed with message: The computer account 'DAG-01' could not be validated. Access was denied. Check that the current user (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) has permissions to create computer accounts in the domain or to claim the computer account. [Server: EXCH01.xxxx.yyyy.co.uk]

A server-side database availability group administrative operation failed. Error: The computer account 'DAG-01' could not be validated. Access was denied. Check that the current user (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) has permissions to create computer accounts in the domain or to claim the computer account.

And when i go look the computer account has not been created so I'm not sure where the issue lies.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ian

neilho -> RE: adding nodes to DAG issues (23.Mar.2010 9:36:31 AM)

Did the DAG creation process go ok? Have you looked at the contents of the C:\ExchangeSetupLogs\Dagtasks folder? Perhaps consider removing and re-creating the DAG?

ieuuk -> RE: adding nodes to DAG issues (23.Mar.2010 9:59:35 AM)

Hey,

Thanks for the response

The DAG seemed to get created fine - the only error that i got was:
[2010-03-22T20:27:17] Specified witness server ldnesxvc.xxxxx.yyyyy.co.uk is not an Exchange server, or part of the Exchange Servers security group.
But the server is only a file server but the computer account is exchange servers security group.

I've tried deleting the DAG and recreating it and get the same issue.

Thanks again!

yedi -> RE: adding nodes to DAG issues (23.Mar.2010 9:39:30 PM)

Ran into the same problem today. I was looking into it and noticed some ppl had issues with Virtualizing the servers and not creating a new SID? I did depoy the CAS/Hub from a vm template but the 2 mail servers are physical boxes. Just curious if they symtoms are the same.

ieuuk -> RE: adding nodes to DAG issues (24.Mar.2010 6:24:35 AM)

Hey,

My exchange servers are virtualised but they were both built from scratch and the FSW is running on server 2003 SP2

I'll keep poking around it but am not sure where the issue may be.

Thanks for you help

yedi -> RE: adding nodes to DAG issues (24.Mar.2010 8:05:54 AM)

Same here, the error is just bizarre. Not a whole lot of info on it either. If you find anything, any suggestions / input would be apprecaited.

Thanks!

rtong97@yahoo.com -> RE: adding nodes to DAG issues (12.Apr.2010 1:26:30 PM)

I had this same issue. After so much web seaching I did not find any direct solution. What worked for me was to add "Exchange Trusted Subsystem" to the OU where the Exchange servers are located and grant it Full Control. Then I was able to add membership to the DAG.

Page: [1]