• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA 2010 redirect 2003 - Few users require to login twice

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA 2010 redirect 2003 - Few users require to login twice Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA 2010 redirect 2003 - Few users require to login twice - 23.Mar.2010 4:10:45 PM   
hugage

I need some guidance please!

I have two CAS servers and one 2003 Front end server. OWA redirects to the front end server for the thousands of users we have before I move the mailboxes over to 2010. I have run into an issue where 30 or so users have to login twice. This happens every time for the users no matter where they are. I use form-based authentication.

What Happens:
When a user logs into the new OWA interface they are redirected to legacy owa but fail and sent to the old OWA form saying “You could not be logged on to OWA. Make sure your domain\user name and password are correct, and then try again.”
I have checked over users attributes to make sure they are correct. It seems to be random users on different database servers. These users are in one domain and no pattern to the OU. I have tried two different 2003 front end servers. Event log says Unknown user name or bad password. Event ID 529. No other errors happen or shown in iis logs. I have had them login regularly like the other users, use UPN, and none of this works.

My next step is to delete a user’s account and recreate/reattach mailbox.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks,
Rob
Post #: 1
RE: OWA 2010 redirect 2003 - Few users require to login... - 30.Mar.2010 3:06:44 PM   
hugage

Just a followup to my situation.

I found that most of my users that are having this issue have an apostrophe in their password. After changing their password, it fixes the issue.

(in reply to hugage)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA 2010 redirect 2003 - Few users require to login... - 30.Mar.2010 4:09:53 PM   
Jesper Bernle

Have you read and followed this - Transitioning Client Access to Exchange Server 2010

(in reply to hugage)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA 2010 redirect 2003 - Few users require to login... - 31.Mar.2010 11:36:22 AM   
hugage

Yes, I have seen that. Everything is configured correctly.

The problem is the special characters in the password. I asked the user with a backslash in the password to reset and it worked.

(in reply to Jesper Bernle)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA 2010 redirect 2003 - Few users require to login... - 31.Mar.2010 3:40:01 PM   
Jesper Bernle

quote:

ORIGINAL: hugage

The problem is the special characters in the password. I asked the user with a backslash in the password to reset and it worked.

Ah, okay. Kind of bad that Microsoft lets you set a password that confuses thier own applications.

(in reply to hugage)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA 2010 redirect 2003 - Few users require to login twice Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter