• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Device won't accept password

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Device won't accept password Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Device won't accept password - 2.Apr.2010 10:28:46 AM   
droogie2727

I am trying to setup Exchange 2007 in a virtual environment. I have two VHDs, one is a domain controller and the other is the exchange box. I then created a user and enabled ActiveSync. I disabled all SSL requirements to the best of my knowledge. I then goto the device and setup the activesync connection, manually enter all of the data but when I enter the username and password, the device tries to sync then asks for the password again. Almost like it can't communicate with the DC to authenticate the user?

I set the DNS of the device to the DC of the virtual environment and that didn't work. Any idea??
Post #: 1
RE: Device won't accept password - 2.Apr.2010 10:39:55 AM   
mark@mvps.org

Sounds like you're trying to run before you've started to walk. Can you use OWA from the DC browser to the server? devices are the last things you should test, only when you've made sure everything is working fine.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to droogie2727)
Post #: 2
RE: Device won't accept password - 2.Apr.2010 10:50:13 AM   
droogie2727

Thanks for the response. I just tested OWA and that worked fine. I send the mailbox an email using telnet and the email showed up in my inbox.

Post #: 3
RE: Device won't accept password - 2.Apr.2010 10:52:38 AM   
droogie2727

I did have to accept the cert. I didn't install or setup and certs I just ran with an out of box installation. I am not using an edge server.

There is a certificate error indicated by IE on the DC. I am guessing whatever cert OWA is using would have to be installed on the DC to avoid this error?

Post #: 4
RE: Device won't accept password - 2.Apr.2010 10:54:49 AM   
mark@mvps.org

You should never test without SSL since, believe it or not, it's easier to test with it.
You will not get it working until your device trrusts the cert and the cert name is the same as the URL.
Go do all that and then you'll be fine.

List Moderator

Post #: 5
RE: Device won't accept password - 2.Apr.2010 11:05:37 AM   
droogie2727

Alright, so I would go to the Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync node in IIS and check Require SSL? Then, go to the device and select require SSL during the activesync setup?

I installed the certificate service on the exchange box, should I request a client cert for the device? I am not very familiar with how the certs would work, can you give me a brief rundown?

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 6
RE: Device won't accept password - 2.Apr.2010 11:25:24 AM   
mark@mvps.org

Didn't say anything about 'require' SSL on the server side. Just use it. Yes to using SSL on the client side. You don't need a certificate for the client.

List Moderator

Post #: 7
RE: Device won't accept password - 2.Apr.2010 12:05:59 PM   
droogie2727

When I run Get-ExchangeCertificates from powershell I get two certs, neither of which I installed. I am guessing these were installed by the installation? I know you said I didn't need a client side cert but before I read that I installed the cert being used by exchange on the client. I not get an error when syncing indicating the security certificate on the server is not valid. Contact your exchange server.....

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Device won't accept password Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter