win7 client, vpn, outlook 2007 - SERVER NOT AVAILABLE (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility

joeya -> win7 client, vpn, outlook 2007 - SERVER NOT AVAILABLE (5.Apr.2010 8:32:15 PM)

I have a windows 7 (x86) client laptop, Exchange 2007 SP2 (x64). 2008 DC sitting in the same site as the exchange server, 2003 DC located in landing zone for VPN.

when sitting on the network, laptop connects with no issues.

when connected via VPN to the network (SSL VPN - not a node on the network like cisco, using a citrix ssl vpn client) it will NOT connect and send or recieve. all other users have no problems, was seeing SOME MAPI (too many connections errors) before I installed SP2, but those are now gone.

I have mostly winXP users on the domain, but nobody else has complained about remote access and I'm really at the end of my ability to push the search button, not really sure where I'm supposed to start looking as there are way too many possible search words to use...

really starting to get frustrated...

joeya -> RE: win7 client, vpn, outlook 2007 - SERVER NOT AVAILABLE (5.Apr.2010 8:35:36 PM)

one additional note, I can ping, and RDP into the exchange server with NO ISSUES AT ALL when connected via vpn... so wtfbbq?

thehutch -> RE: win7 client, vpn, outlook 2007 - SERVER NOT AVAILABLE (8.Apr.2010 12:51:38 PM)

Since this could be happening anywhere lets start simple.

1. Do you have any logfiles or event log entries that pertain to your SSL session from your mailbox or CAS server?

2. Is your SSL VPN Active Directory Integrated for Authentication?

3. Are there any security rules on your SSL VPN devices that would prohibit a MAPI connection?

I have about 23 other questions but lets start with these three :-)

joeya -> RE: win7 client, vpn, outlook 2007 - SERVER NOT AVAILABLE (8.Apr.2010 12:58:26 PM)

I will pull logs tonite when I go home from the SSL connection.

on the CAS/MB servers all I see are the LOGOFF for my user account.

with a users authentication, they should have full access to the network, however they are not made a NODE on the network (not given an IP address) and since the DC next to the MB server is a 2008 R2 I'm trying to find some correlation there.

thehutch -> RE: win7 client, vpn, outlook 2007 - SERVER NOT AVAILABLE (9.Apr.2010 11:53:12 AM)

So when a client connects to the SSL VPN they are NOT assigned an IP address? If that statement is true you really need to start there and . That would explain why you can't send or receive. The only thing that lets you open Outlook in this state is either offline mode or cached exchange mode.

joeya -> RE: win7 client, vpn, outlook 2007 - SERVER NOT AVAILABLE (9.Apr.2010 12:35:53 PM)

Definitely checking the VPN side. All the other users have no issue opening a local copy of outlook and running it from home via the VPN so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Page: [1]