• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Event ID: 1025 / Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Event ID: 1025 / Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Event ID: 1025 / Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox - 6.Apr.2010 3:26:32 PM   
optimystik

Hello this is a random message i am seeing on our production exchange box:

Event log ID: 1025
Source: MSExchangeIS mailbox
Category: General
Type: warning
user: N/A

Description: An error occurred on database " first storage group\mailbox database"
Function name or description of problem:restrict/ SetsearchCriteria
Error:1162 Warning: fail to apply search optimization tofolder (FID 1-214F20xxx)retrying without optimization.

Has anyone here encountered this message and how do i go about resolving this error message?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Event ID: 1025 / Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox - 12.Apr.2010 10:34:06 AM   
exchange_rocks

If your users are not able to search the emails at all in outlook, then you will have to rebuild the Full Text Index Catlog by following below article.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa995966(EXCHG.80).aspx

Cheers!!!
ExchangeRocks....

(in reply to optimystik)
Post #: 2
RE: Event ID: 1025 / Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox - 12.Apr.2010 11:20:03 AM   
optimystik

Thanks. Can anyone better explain why this error occurs? What does it mean? Is this something to be alarmed about?

Thanks for your help,

(in reply to exchange_rocks)
Post #: 3
RE: Event ID: 1025 / Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox - 13.Apr.2010 3:30:26 AM   
exchange_rocks

This issue can occur due to many reasons. You can follow the below suggestions to get to the resolution of this issue:-
1) Check if Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer in started status.
2)  Restart Information Store service and dismount the stores and mount them again and check if issue persists.

3)   If the issue persists then you can rebuild the Full Text Index catalog or run isinteg -fix against the database which is showing in the event 1025. Isinteg is used for fixing the logical corruption in the database.

This event can also occur if there are users with large mailboxes who have lot of items in there default folders like inbox, sent items, calendars etc and they perform search..

Whether you should be alarmed or not depends on how many users are affected by this? If this is affecting only one or two users then you can move there mailboxes to another mail store by skipping the corrupted items. If there is a issue with all the mailboxes performing search you can try the above steps to get to the resolution of this issue. Additionally also check if there is and add-in which is triggering the search in the outlook which is logging this event. 

Cheers!!!
ExchangeRocks....

(in reply to optimystik)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Event ID: 1025 / Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter