• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Attachment deleted from server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Attachment deleted from server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Attachment deleted from server - 7.Apr.2010 6:42:00 AM   
nbegley

Hi,

Hopefuly someone can shed some light on this problem as I can't figure it out.

We have around 60 mobile devices connected to our exchange server, but around 10 of these are unable to download attachments. Whenever a user chooses to download an attachment there's a short delay and then a message appears saying "Attachment deleted from server". The problem doesn't seem to be related to the phone type, as there's a mixture of Nokia E71, E75 and HTC S710 phones with the problem. All users are using the same Active Sync and Mailbox policies.

I've already tried removing Mail for Exchange from one of the Nokia phones and then re-installing but it had the same problem.

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Attachment deleted from server - 7.Apr.2010 10:51:28 AM   
exchange_rocks

When you are trying to download an attachment on mobile and when you receive the message that "Attachment is Deleted". Is it actually deleted? Can you view the attachment from outlook/OWA afterwards?

If you can still view this attachment from Outlook/OWA then this is a issue with the PDA setting or Firewall.

Identify whether this issue is happening with both HTC and Nokia phones? If it is only happening with some of Nokia or only HTC phones then compare them with the other working phone of same make and identify difference between the settings of the phone and the user account/mailbox?

Check the version of the non working MFE with the working one? Is it the same? 

What does IIS logs say on the server have you checked them after the getting the attachment deletion message on mobile?

Cheers!!!
ExchangeRocks....

(in reply to nbegley)
Post #: 2
RE: Attachment deleted from server - 8.Apr.2010 9:43:13 AM   
nbegley

Hi,

The attachment is visable from both outlook clients and OWA. I've been told by our 1st line support guys that we're having the problem with both the HTC (WINMO) and Nokia phones, however when I asked for a list of users, and then checked to see what devices are registered, then they're all showing up as Nokia devices. I'm waiting to hear back from them as to whether thare are actually any WINMO phones with the same problem.

The phones that I'm able to prove aren't working seem to be running either MfE 2.05 or 2.07, so if there are no WINMO phones with the problem i'll start by upgrading those to the latest version.

The IIS logs don't seem to show anything different between a device that sucessfully downloads and one that doesn't.

(in reply to exchange_rocks)
Post #: 3
RE: Attachment deleted from server - 12.Apr.2010 7:15:52 AM   
exchange_rocks

You are on right track here.. Upgrade the MFE if there are no WINMO which are having issues..

Cheers!!!
ExchangeRocks....

(in reply to nbegley)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Attachment deleted from server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter