• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

"Send as" from a hidden Shared Mailbox

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> "Send as" from a hidden Shared Mailbox Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Send as" from a hidden Shared Mailbox - 9.Apr.2010 1:36:04 PM   
alias747

Hey there,

I am in a little predicament with our newest project going on... Our company is starting a sort of "side company" that will have a couple e-mail address hosted on our 2007 Exchange server. That part is all done, however we setup a Shared mailbox for a Support account that me and several other people are going to be using. This account needs to be hidden from the GAL as we don't want other people in our company to see it. I was able to add the the mailbox to all of our Outlook accounts by using the legacy Exchange Distinguished name for the account.

The problem I am having though is in Outlook it won't let us send from this address UNLESS we are replying to an email that is already in the Inbox of that account. So it's not a huge deal as we can do it, it just would be nice to be able to Start a new email and be able to have the hidden shared mailbox be an option to send from.

Is there any work around for this?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: "Send as" from a hidden Shared Mailbox - 12.Apr.2010 8:58:55 AM   
thehutch

It seems like the "Send on Behalf of" option would allow for this work. Do you have the mailbox setup within your Outlook Client? If so what rights do you have to it? Can you login to it via OWA and send a new message?

(in reply to alias747)
Post #: 2
RE: "Send as" from a hidden Shared Mailbox - 12.Apr.2010 12:25:18 PM   
ChrisMarlow

Have you given the group your support group is in "send as" rights on the security tab of the support mailbox?

Do you have the "send as" option on outlook? If you do and it doesnt then its more than likely you dont have the "send as" rights in security for the mailbox. Chris.

Chris Marlow
Exchange and IT administrator
Web: http://www.exchange-admin.org

(in reply to thehutch)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> "Send as" from a hidden Shared Mailbox Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter