• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Move Exchange Server to different OU

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Move Exchange Server to different OU Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Move Exchange Server to different OU - 9.Apr.2010 9:35:44 PM   
skipdog77

Started to get errors some time ago. I believe the change that caused the errors was moving the Exchange server to a dedicated "Servers" OU .. Everything seems to be working but every 15 minutes we get the following errors in the event logs:

Event 2604:

Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGY (PID=1468). When updating security for a remote procedure call (RPC) access for the Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology service, Exchange could not retrieve the security descriptor for Exchange server object EXCHANGE - Error code=8007077f. The Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology service will continue starting with limited permissions.

Event 2501:

Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGY (PID=1468). The site monitor API was unable to verify the site name for this Exchange computer - Call=DsctxGetContext Error code=8007077f. Make sure that Exchange server is correctly registered on the DNS server.

I'm a bit afraid to attempt to move it back to the "Computers" OU. I would like to keep it where it is now. Does anyone know how to fix the issue?

It seems like it was a big problem to move Exchange 2000 and 2003, but most articles on the issue don't seem to mention 2007 or 2010.

Thanks,
Skip
Post #: 1
RE: Move Exchange Server to different OU - 12.Apr.2010 9:44:28 AM   
exchange_rocks

This issue normally occurs in below circumstances...

Check for NIC Card binding order. Also check if your network card is teamed and if it has any issues or Issues related to DNS.

Have you also installed the below hotfix?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948496

Cheers!!!
ExchangeRocks....

(in reply to skipdog77)
Post #: 2
RE: Move Exchange Server to different OU - 12.Apr.2010 10:38:51 AM   
skipdog77

A bit confused. The SNP applies to 2003. This is Exchange 2010 loaded on Windows 2008 R2. The article is a patch for 2003 to turn off SNP.

The issue stems from moving the exchange server to a different OU. I believe something in ADSI might reference the old location.

Skip

(in reply to exchange_rocks)
Post #: 3
RE: Move Exchange Server to different OU - 12.Apr.2010 11:03:48 AM   
exchange_rocks

Have you run EXBPA, DCDIAG,NETDIAG? Is it clean? Have you checked the permissions on the OU?

Check if the permission are proper or have got corrupted on OU or computer account.

Cheers!!!
ExchangeRocks....

(in reply to skipdog77)
Post #: 4
RE: Move Exchange Server to different OU - 12.Apr.2010 11:22:36 AM   
skipdog77

I will check those and get back to you. Is there an article that talks about what the permissions should be?

Skip

(in reply to exchange_rocks)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Move Exchange Server to different OU Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter