Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility

flapjack -> Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (19.Apr.2010 10:11:23 AM)

Why does Outlook 2010 insist on trying to get me to sign up with a 3rd party provider to send text messages through a Windows Mobile synchronized phone?  If I was only using Outlook 2010, I would probably believe I would have to pay for this service.

Using Outlook 2007 or OWA, I can send/receive messages no problem. 

flapjack -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (19.Apr.2010 10:14:31 AM)

Edit...

Now it's not working at all.  I've been using this for about two weeks now from OWA, Outlook 2007 PCs, etc...

I got the "setup a text message account" message today while using Outlook 2010, so I simply logged into OWA and replied.  The message bounced back with this error:

Your text message couldn't be delivered to these recipients or groups:

Name (MOBILE:+1719#######) <mailto:IMCEAMOBILE-%2B2B1719#######@domain.com>
To be able to send text messages, you need to set up your text messaging account. Click here <https://mail.domain.com/ecp/sms/textmessaging.slab>  to set up your account.

flapjack -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (19.Apr.2010 10:21:43 AM)

I'm completely stumped. As I said, I've been using this for weeks... just not through Outlook 2010 (though I think it may have worked a time or two from here as well).

Now I cannot send a text from Outlook 2007/2010 or OWA.  They bounce back.

I followed the link in the error message above.  It sent a text to my phone with a confirmation code.  I entered that and got a big "Congratulations!".  Still doesn't work.

Is anyone up to speed on this feature, and why it would work one day (without any 3rd party app) and stop working today?

flapjack -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (19.Apr.2010 12:18:38 PM)

A little update...

I did realize (like an idiot) that I had to do a hard reset on my phone.  The default "New Account" wizard doesn't ask if you want to sync text message or not.  You have to go back into Account Options to check the "Text Messages" box.

Even so, I still cannot "send new text message" or reply to texts that come into my inbox in Exchange 2010 any longer (I'm pretty sure the "new text account" wizard went away after a while).

If I use OWA, I can now send a new (or reply to a text message).  I can do this from the full (rich) app by clicking "new text message", typing in the contact's name, and letting it resolve to the user's cell phone number.  In the light version of OWA (which doesn't have a "New Text Message" button, I can format the To: field as such and it will also go through without issue: 

+17191234567 [MOBILE: +17191234567]

Here is a screenshot of what the wizard I'm talking about looks like:

http://www.cabuzzi.net/website/temp/text.jpg

Is this a push from MS to support 3rd party text "relayers" when it's clearly obvious Exchange can handle it on it's own, with a sync relationship with your cell phone?

flapjack -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (19.Apr.2010 2:34:44 PM)

Ok, so replying to text messages in Outlook 2007 also works.  The message goes out, gets synched with my phone, and gets delivered to the recipient's cell.  It shows up just like it came from my phone (not like email > text).

Outlook 2010 keeps bringing up that blasted wizard, though.

WeaselSW -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (22.Aug.2010 1:51:52 AM)

I upgraded to Exchange 2010, and am also running Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional on my phone (a T-Mobile HD2). However, when I go to ActiveSync to turn on Text Message sync, the checkbox is not even there. The only options to sync are Contacts, Calendar, E-mail, and Tasks.

Any suggestions on how to get Text Messages to appear as an option to sync?

Thanks

flapjack -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (23.Aug.2010 11:23:16 AM)

I'm not sure if any phones have the ability to sync text off the shelf.  I only saw the option after flashing to an EnergyROM from a great chef on the XDA Developers form (google xda developers).

You don't have to SIM unlock your phone, but you will have to "security unlock" it.  This will allow you to run custom ROMs which are 100s of times better than stock ones.

All the instructions are there.  I'd suggest reading the "stickies" before asking many questions.  Most of the ROM threads have links to FAQs on flashing.

Here's a link to the EnergyROM flash for your phone.  I used his ROMs on my Touch Pro 2, but they're almost identical on the HD2.  My personal favorite is the "Dinik Glass" themed with the "Cookie Home Tab" running on the 23xxx version of windows 6.5.  You'll love it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=591784

PM me if you need any help.

rishishah -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (25.Aug.2010 4:37:59 AM)

Although EnergyROM is great you dont need any customs rom for the SMS Syn... you just need Windows Mobile 6.5 and Exchange 2010.

Go into your phone's Activesync server settings and ensure that SMS is sync is ticked in addition to Mail and if you want Cal, Contacts and Tasks....

Thats it all done....

@Flapjack - Now and again EnergyROM does have a bug that stop SMS sync... each tim this happens i let him know and he seem to fix it for the next rom release.

flapjack -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (25.Aug.2010 11:15:28 AM)

Ok... I was thinking it was a beta build of WM 6.5... like 6.5.1 or something.  I stand corrected.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rishishah

Although EnergyROM is great you dont need any customs rom for the SMS Syn... you just need Windows Mobile 6.5 and Exchange 2010.

Go into your phone's Activesync server settings and ensure that SMS is sync is ticked in addition to Mail and if you want Cal, Contacts and Tasks....

Thats it all done....

@Flapjack - Now and again EnergyROM does have a bug that stop SMS sync... each tim this happens i let him know and he seem to fix it for the next rom release.

Jet1337 -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (14.Oct.2010 5:51:18 AM)

working fine for me.

Naman -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (28.Nov.2010 5:20:47 PM)

Same here since Office 2010 Beta...

Outlook can sync text messages that are received and sent by phone.
But when trying to send a Text Message that 3rd party SMS Service Setup Wizard shows up.
OWA seems to work fine. I can send Text Messages from OWA with the same account and the phone.

I had tried 1000 times, reinstalling Outlook, Hard resetting the device but nothing was changed.

I think this is a bug in outlook 2010 not with the phone.

Naman -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (28.Nov.2010 7:50:45 PM)

UPDATE: I found that some accounts does not contain

<EcpUrl-sms>?p=sms/textmessaging.slab&exsvurl=1</EcpUrl-sms>

line in their Autodiscover XML Data received by Outlook 2010.

These accounts cannot send SMS via outlook 2010.

Does anyone know how to add this line to spesific account's AutoDiscover XML?

unstoppable -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (21.Jan.2011 5:36:00 AM)

I use Outlook and there are both Contacts and Personal Contacts. When I sync
with my Samsung Mobile Phone running Windows Mobile 6.1, it only syncs with
the Contacts and does not have the Personal Contacts.

Is there a way to have them both sync or if not, can you easily combine the
PST contacts with Contacts?

aqashleyquinn12 -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (2.Mar.2011 9:50:01 PM)

You don't have to SIM unlock your phone, but you will have to "security unlock" it.  This will allow you to run custom ROMs which are 100s of times better than stock ones.
virtual assistant

flapjack -> RE: Exch2010/Outlook2010/Text Msgs (2.Mar.2012 12:04:16 AM)

Bringing this back from the grave...

I haven't had the initial problem for a long time now.  All of the sudden, I had problems with the 3rd party wizard coming up and trying to make me sign up for something that should work without having to pay.

This time, I can't get it to go away.  OWA does not have the "Send New Text Message" icon and Outlook brings up the 3rd party message when I do the same.

This time, I'm using an Android 2.3.4 phone running Touchdown for Exchange mail access.  I've never had an issue with sending/receiving text messages from OWA since Touchdown first included this feature.  Today, my profile in Touchdown barfed on me and I had to recreate the account from scratch.  I checked the "SMS sync" box as usual, but I cannot send.  Texts sent to the phone since to Outlook/Exchange just fine, though.

Page: [1]