• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Emails arriving as RTF instead of HTML

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Emails arriving as RTF instead of HTML Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Emails arriving as RTF instead of HTML - 5.May2010 4:31:05 AM   
SIOE

We have an unusual problem that I would like some help on.

We have two users in our office, both running Windows 7, both running Outlook 2007, both connecting to the same Exchange server (SBS 2003), both running AVG and both members of the same distribution group.

One user recevies their email perfectly, no issues, no problems.

The other user, when receiving external emails sent in HTML - and only at night when his PC off - receives the emails as RTF not as HTML.

Sending mails internally (scheduled for when his PC is off) works fine, no conversion to RTF.  Even external mails that are sent to the distribution group arrive fine at user 1, yet get converted to RTF for user 2.

This problem doesn't happen when user 2's PC is switched on.

I have tried forcing the user's mailbox protocol properties of POP3 and IMAP to "Display message body as HTML" but this has made no difference.

Checking the other users mailbox from a different PC also shows the mail in RTF format leading me to belive it is a server side setting, though how this tallies with the fact that the mail arrives fine if the user's PC is connected, I'm not sure.

One other piece of information - we store copies of all inbound and outbound mail in a mailbox called MailArc. The copy of the email in MailArc was also not in HTML, but in RTF.

I have tried opening a thread at Experts Exchange but no joy, It might help in showing what steps I have been through so far to try and diagnose the problem.

Kindest regards in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Emails arriving as RTF instead of HTML - 21.May2010 11:56:17 AM   
SIOE

Uninstalled AVG and the problem went away.

Just in case anyone else has this issue.

Cheers

(in reply to SIOE)
Post #: 2
RE: Emails arriving as RTF instead of HTML - 29.Nov.2010 10:29:30 AM   
yao847zi

Well, u can have a try with this HTML-to-RTF **** which is a component for developers that enables application convert XHTML,ASPX, HTML to RTF, DOC, plain Text. The component has own HTML parser and RTF creator written in C# for .Net.
The library is absolutely standalone, it does't require Microsoft Office or Internet Explorer. It don't use any third-party software. It's completelly written in C# in Visual Studio

(in reply to SIOE)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Emails arriving as RTF instead of HTML Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter