• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error 550 relaying mail to xxxxx is not allowed

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Error 550 relaying mail to xxxxx is not allowed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error 550 relaying mail to xxxxx is not allowed - 5.May2010 5:47:25 AM   
hangcool

Hi all,

I believe the issue I am having is not exchange 2003 related but I thought I'll see if I can get some assistance with this here.

I have an email account setup in Outlook whereby the mailbox is stored on the internal exchange server. I also have 4 pop accounts setup in Outlook. Every now and then, when I try sending emails, I will get the error "550 relaying mail to abcedfg.com is not allowed".

I believe this error is because Outlook is trying to send the email using the smtp server on the pop accounts. This laptop is taken home every night and uses the internet connection of an ISP. When in the office, the laptop is plugged into the network which uses a different ISP all together. It happens regardless of whether I am replying or sending a new email. The email does not arrive at the exchange server either. Also, the primary account is the one where the mailbox is stored on the exchange. The bounce backs are very frequent >50%.

I do not understand why Outlook is attempting to use the SMTP servers of the pop accounts.

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Error 550 relaying mail to xxxxx is not allowed - 5.May2010 5:49:52 AM   
hangcool

I forgot to mention that I have taken out all the pop accounts for the moment and am trying to see if any are bouncing back.

I did however get this message when trying to resend "sent" emails "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf the specified user". The email was originally sent by me.

(in reply to hangcool)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Error 550 relaying mail to xxxxx is not allowed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter