• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Automate Exporting Public Folders to PST

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Automate Exporting Public Folders to PST Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Automate Exporting Public Folders to PST - 10.May2010 4:04:45 PM   
yogi_bear_79

We are looking at this as a last minute emergency solution. My company had been using Public Folders as a type of document management system for years. We have numerous public folders that represent each project for that year. These must come off the store before our new infrastructure is implemented.

What we are thinking is to create a PST file per project folder that we can later open and continue our migration into our "real" document management system. Once the new infrastructure is in place, some lucky sole will get to pen these PSTs in Outlook, and manually migrate these files into our document management system.

I'm looking for some information on how to run a VBScript to loop thru the public folders and create a separate PST for each folder with the name of the public folder as the name of the PST. I'm thinking this will have to be done on the exchange server itself, but am also willing to run it on a client via Outlook.

< Message edited by yogi_bear_79 -- 10.May2010 4:19:21 PM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Automate Exporting Public Folders to PST Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter