• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

remove exchange 2010 server. Reinstall new exchagne 2010 server in excange 2003 enviroment

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> remove exchange 2010 server. Reinstall new exchagne 2010 server in excange 2003 enviroment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
remove exchange 2010 server. Reinstall new exchagne 201... - 14.May2010 6:14:59 AM   
phil75

Hi,
We have introduce a new exchange 2010 server in our exchange 2003 enviroment.  The installation was sucessfully, but during customization of this we have made a lot of mistakes. Now we plan to install exchange 2010 in new clean computer and remove the old one. we have successfully removed the hb,cas, but before unistall mailbox role an error we have to remove mailbox database and before do this we have to move aribtration in ohter mailbox database. So we have installed  all prerequiste on the new server and we did run:
Setup.com /mode:Install /roles:CA,HT,MB /EnableLegacyOutlook /LegacyRoutingServer:Exchange2003.exchange.com   /ExternalCASServerDomain:mail.exchange.com
But after few seconds an error message appear:
"The Exchange organization already has one or more Exchange Mailbox servers. Enable legacy Outlook can only be specified for the first Exchange Mailbox server installation."
to enable the coexinsting of exchange 2003 and 2010 what can I do? How can i remove the old exchange 2010 server? If I remove the old 2010 server, am i albe to run the setup.com /enablelegacyOutlook?
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: remove exchange 2010 server. Reinstall new exchagne... - 15.May2010 5:55:38 PM   
AshwinRaj111

Even though you have removed all HUB & CAS from the Old Server, the Mailbox Role was not been successfully removed from the Old Server. This means that the Mailbox role does exist in the Active Directory.

You will have to open ADSIEDIT.MSC from one of your Domain Controllers and then navigate to the Server Name.

Path would be
Configuration -> Services -> Microsoft Exchange -> { Name of Your Organization } -> Administrative Group -> Exchange Administrative Group -> Servers -> { Your Server Name }

Then remove the Server and again try installing again.

Note :- Be very careful when u make any changes with ADSIEDIT. Do take a system state backup before making any changes.

Ashwin Raj

(in reply to phil75)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> remove exchange 2010 server. Reinstall new exchagne 2010 server in excange 2003 enviroment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter