• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Sharing Calendars across Exchange Orgs

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Sharing Calendars across Exchange Orgs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sharing Calendars across Exchange Orgs - 20.May2010 1:49:23 AM   
rschnitzer

We have a two-way domain trust established across a site-to-site VPN, and we need to make it possible to share calendars between the Exchange server for each domain, as well as to search contacts from both servers.  Can anyone point me to an article to follow, or tell me what steps need to be taken?  Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Sharing Calendars across Exchange Orgs - 20.May2010 2:45:03 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi mate,

May be this can help you

http://exchangeserverinfo.com/2008/02/28/configuring-interorg-replication-tool-for-replicating-the-public-folder--schedule-free-busy-between-the-forests.aspx

(in reply to rschnitzer)
Post #: 2
RE: Sharing Calendars across Exchange Orgs - 20.May2010 9:26:05 AM   
uemurad

First, understand that while you can share Free/Busy information across Exchange Organizations (because it is stored in a Public Folder and the Interorg tool replicates), you cannot share Mailbox Calendar details.

That understood, sharing Contact information is the same. If you're talking about Contacts in a Public Folder, then the Interorg tool can replicate. If you're talking about Contacts stored in a mailbox, then you can't share.

All of that said, you can kludge something together if really needed. Off the top of my head you could automate ExMerge to export Contacts from one or more mailboxes, then automate it at the other side to import them somewhere in the other Exchange Org. There will also have to be renaming involved for the PST files.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to rschnitzer)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Sharing Calendars across Exchange Orgs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter