• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Replicate public and system folders on 2nd Exc server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Replicate public and system folders on 2nd Exc server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replicate public and system folders on 2nd Exc server - 26.May2010 7:44:41 AM   
Qazzafi

Hi

We have 2 domain controller working in our enviornment

child1.domain.com (working as DC/AD)
child2.domain.com (working as DC/Exchange) I know its not recommended to install Exchange on DC but in our case every thing is working fine.

Now we want to install Exchange 2003 on 2nd server its not DC but working as member server:

exchange.domain.com machine name

Install Win 2003 with latest service pack and patches
DCDIAG and NETDIAG all test went succesfull

According to the ideal situation things should go as mention below:

1. Install Exchange. (done)
2. Replicate public and system folders. (how it will be done?)
3. Wait
4. Move Mailboxes using Move Mailbox wizard.
5. Wait.

We can not see any 2nd server added on our ESM 2003 how can we done the replication of public folder and system folder?

Plz help to proceed further...

Regards

Qazzafi
Post #: 1
RE: Replicate public and system folders on 2nd Exc server - 26.May2010 7:57:55 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi mate,

First go to first administrative group under esm there you should see both servers.

Then go to public folders properties and click on replica tab and add the server.

If you are not able to see both server under one tree...
login to each server and check org name and check under which administrative group this server located.

(in reply to Qazzafi)
Post #: 2
RE: Replicate public and system folders on 2nd Exc server - 26.May2010 8:32:42 AM   
thehutch

Run Exchange Setup again using the /adprep command switch.  No need to reboot or recycle services when doing this. 

This will solve most of the issues associated with public folder and free/busy replication on a new server in an organization

Secondly use the command:  repadmin /replsum    to determine the overall replication status of your AD Domain. If you see DC's taking hours instead of minutes to replicate you may want to look into the Sites and Subnets console to determine where the delays are occuring.

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Replicate public and system folders on 2nd Exc server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter