• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can not Clear out the Queue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Can not Clear out the Queue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can not Clear out the Queue - 4.Jun.2010 7:31:21 AM   
syrushcw

Well to make a long story short, when I went on vacation the tech filing in for me decided to fwd port 25 to our exchange server instead of Barracuda. Needless to say our queue is full of spam. So I tried to delete the queue but it kept on populating, so I downloaded aqadmcli from MS. I let the server idle for a while and I ran in when the number stopped increasing.  It said something along the lines of
"Operation succeeded on 19 messages
Operation succeeded on 34 messages
Operation succeeded on 11 messages
Operation succeeded on 16 messages
Operation succeeded on 26 messages
Operation succeeded on 34 messages
Operation succeeded on 37 messages
Operation succeeded on 33 messages"
So I'm like ok sweet its working, go into the queue there is still more run it again, again, again, again.......... keeps finding stuff. I let the queue populate for a day and ran it again, and again.....
Needless to say is there a way to wipe out the whole entire queue? I checked the day the message were submitted and they are all old, so they aren't new messages populating.
I appreciate any help, Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Can not Clear out the Queue - 6.Sep.2010 5:37:28 AM   
gpo

Have you tried this : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822944

and
To Flush the SMTP Mail Queue in Exchange Server 2003 loadTOCNode(2, 'summary');
  1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager.
  2. Expand Servers, expand ServerName, and then expand Protocols.
  3. Expand SMTP, right-click the SMTP virtual server (for example Default SMTP Virtual Server), and then click Pause.
  4. To resume the SMTP virtual server, right-click the SMTP virtual server (for example Default SMTP Virtual Server), and then click Pause to clear the check mark that appears next to Pause.

< Message edited by gpo -- 6.Sep.2010 5:38:55 AM >

http://palsnaija.com/
social site for sharing vidoes /photos & blogs

(in reply to syrushcw)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Can not Clear out the Queue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter