• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Message queue full of messages with <> as the sender ID

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Message queue full of messages with <> as the sender ID Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Message queue full of messages with <> as the sen... - 9.Jun.2010 7:03:04 AM   
mcr010

Hi,

We are seeing a lot of outbound messages with a sender id of <>.

I'm well aware that these are a consequence of SPAM and probably some kind of NDR but there are quite a lot and queues that fail and go on "retry" for long periods.

Can we deal with these in a better way?

We also seem to be "greylisted" by BT\Yahoo and I'm convinced that it's because our server sends out lots of NDR's that are seen as SPAM in themselves when received by other mailservers. Is my assessment of the situation correct. Can we do anything about these NDR's.

The whole BT greylisting thing is a pain too. We have to use an external SMTP for anything that goes to BT/Yahoo and at present that is a manual process. If we can't get off the "greylist" can we configure Exchange to route the BT & Yahoo Emails to another SMTP server? automatically?

Regards,

M
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Message queue full of messages with <> as the sender ID Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter