• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Get rid of .com!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Get rid of .com! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Get rid of .com! - 9.Jun.2010 11:56:02 AM   
pb194

Hi all,

Using VMWare I have built a Windows NT4 Domain with Exchange 5.5 which I need to use to prove migration tooling.

The domain name is Shims.org.uk and in Exchange initial install I created a new site with the same name (Org.uk as the Domain, then Shims as the site). When I go to create a new email account the smtp email automatically adds on .com to the end of the email address i.e my.username@shims.org.uk.com

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to stop the .com getting added in the default email so any help would be much appreciated.

If it's any assistance/relevance, the Site > Configuration > Addressing > Detail Templates also only show English/USA. Can this be changed somehow ?

Thanks to anyone who gives me an answer

Post #: 1
RE: Get rid of .com! - 10.Jun.2010 5:57:08 AM   
zbnet

I think you may struggle to set this environment up as a complete identical copy of your existing 5.5 production environment - unless you have access to all the original CDs etc that were used?

The email addresses that are generated by default for all objects are defined in the Email Address Generator container under Addressing in the site Configuration container.  Can't you just compare all the production settings with your new test environment settings and duplictae them all to avoid these kinds of issues?

The Addressing Detail Templates are (if I recall correctly - it's been a long time since I did 5.5!) one per langauge you install by default, although I think you can add more in there from the Outlook CD, because their function is to support different client locales - not something that I would have thought you're too concerned about in a test environment that you'll use just to validate your migration tools?

(in reply to pb194)
Post #: 2
RE: Get rid of .com! - 19.Dec.2010 9:13:11 AM   
instantloanss

I have the same problem with one of my domain. A little help will be appreciated.
Happy New Year ALL!

instant loans

(in reply to pb194)
Post #: 3
RE: Get rid of .com! - 30.Oct.2012 11:52:33 PM   
kevin619

I always like to register a domain in .com then .org

Cygnis Media

(in reply to instantloanss)
Post #: 4
RE: Get rid of .com! - 29.Jun.2013 2:07:53 PM   
jorgea

Were you able to resolve this technical problem?

(in reply to pb194)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Get rid of .com! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote