Update E2K7/ W2K3 to R2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation

ADmiNX -> Update E2K7/ W2K3 to R2 (21.Jun.2010 2:08:20 AM)

Hello

can any of you tell me, what are the best steps to update a e2k7 CCR to w2k3 R2,
I need this update for the netbackup nfs granular backup.

Can I simply update the pasive node and then the active node, or what do you propose to me?

I thank you in advance for your support.

bye
Oezkan

mark@mvps.org -> RE: Update E2K7/ W2K3 to R2 (21.Jun.2010 7:21:56 AM)

The rule of thumb is never to upgrade an OS from anything to anything - whether or not it's got an application installed on it or not. There's no need.

Evict your passive node, flatten and rebuild and rejoin. Fail it over. Evict and blah blah your new passive.

But wait. Why do you want to go to Windows 2003 R2? What is it you're getting out of it? R2 isn't going to win you anything on an Exchange server.

ADmiNX -> RE: Update E2K7/ W2K3 to R2 (24.Jun.2010 5:43:23 AM)

Hi Mark

I have no other choice, for the granularbackup with netbackup I need W2k3 R2, you can self see

Installation Requirements:
The following are the installation requirements to restore individual items from database backups. There are 3 supported OS/Exchange configurations.

1. Windows 2008 with Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft Services for NFS is pre-installed. However, Users must enable Services for Network File System under File Services on the Windows media server and on any NetBackup clients that perform granular operations.
- Install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects package, version 6.05.8022.0 or higher on the Exchange Server.
This package is available on the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/

2. Windows 2003 R2 or later (64-bit) with Exchange Server 2007
- Install Microsoft Services for NFS on any NetBackup clients that perform granular operations and on the Windows media server(s).
- Install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects package, version 6.05.7888 or higher on the Exchange Server.
This package is available at the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/

3. Windows 2003 R2 or later (32-bit) and Exchange Server 2003
- Install Microsoft Services for NFS on any NetBackup clients that perform granular operations and on the Windows media server(s).

mark@mvps.org -> RE: Update E2K7/ W2K3 to R2 (24.Jun.2010 7:16:20 AM)

Go down to one node, flatten it, install 2008 (since that's supported) and make a new CCR. Safest and most likely to leave any nasty configuration issues behind.

Page: [1]