• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Configure Outlook 2007\2010 to send a single Auto-Reply Message

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Configure Outlook 2007\2010 to send a single Auto-Reply Message Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Configure Outlook 2007\2010 to send a single Auto-Reply... - 21.Jun.2010 6:53:09 PM   
de.blackman

I have a client who uses a number of shared mailboxes, managed by a group of individuals. Emails are frequently sent from the internet to these shared mailboxes and one of the users who is responsible for the mailbox will respond to the email whenever they are ready. What we did was configure an automatic reply message on the shared mailbox (using the information in this article http://www.addictivetips.com/microsoft-office/outlook-2010-auto-reply-to-emails/) and everything has been running great.

Today my client mentioned that they received an email from an external source (one of their customers) and it seems that the mailbox that was used to send the request was also a shared mailbox of some sort and it also had an auto-reply configured on it. So a loop was generated whereby auto-reply messages kept being sent between the 2 mailboxes and locked up the queues.

How can an auto-reply message be configured to be sent only once to any sender?

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna
Post #: 1
RE: Configure Outlook 2007\2010 to send a single Auto-R... - 23.Jun.2010 4:34:32 PM   
de.blackman

anyone??

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Configure Outlook 2007\2010 to send a single Auto-Reply Message Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter