Problems after eseutil repair (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS

bcovert -> Problems after eseutil repair (30.Jun.2010 12:14:14 PM)

I recently had to do a hard repair of a client's corrupted Exchange 2003 store on an SBS 2003 server. There is lengthy background which led to this decision that I won't go into unless needed. In any case, I successfully executed an ESEUTIL /P followed by /D on both private and public stores. I was unable to run ISINTEG on the databases. No matter the syntax, it just returned the Help information, so I suspect I was doing something worng.

In the interests of getting the client back up I moved on without running ISINTEG, and was able to start the MSExchangeIS service, which had heretofore been causing the server to hang to the point of requiring a manual power-off. I got the users back into Outlook to have a look at their mailbox folders to decide whether or not to go with what we had at that point or to do a restore from backup. All looked well, so we opted to use the repaired store.

They next day one of the users discovered that he could not delete files from his Inbox (no other folders are affected, only the Inbox). He is the only user having a problem. As a side note, when looking at individual user's mailbox rights in their user account, none of them had permissions for their own mailboxes. I added full mailbox rights for each user.

So the questions are:

1) How can I fix the Inbox problem with the one user?
2) Has anyoune experienced this failure executing ISINTEG? Note: The private and public EDB and STM files are in a folder on a different hard drive in the server.

Thanks for reading this far.

ismail.mohammed -> RE: Problems after eseutil repair (1.Jul.2010 2:04:58 AM)

can you please share us what is the exact syntax you are using and what it has returned back?

Exchange_Geek -> RE: Problems after eseutil repair (1.Jul.2010 5:13:53 AM)

quote:

1) How can I fix the Inbox problem with the one user?
2) Has anyoune experienced this failure executing ISINTEG? Note: The private and public EDB and STM files are in a folder on a different hard drive in the server.

To Answer your questions.
1) W.r.t your user's issues - its tough to answer, cause without knowing the exact problem simply stating for the heck of it - would be unfair. There are various work around available (not in same order).
a) Move mailbox across stores - this normally takes care of corruption.
b) Extract data from old mailbox and import into newly-created mailbox
c) Mail-disable + enable user.
d) Creating new OL Profile - new ost files etc.

2) I've used ISINTEG hundreds of times in support, it never disappoints.

Regards,
Exchange_Geek

bcovert -> RE: Problems after eseutil repair (1.Jul.2010 10:14:46 AM)

Thanks for your responses. I ran ISINTEG from both the BIN folder and from the folder containg the database files with the same results. I tried each of the following for the server ACRASERVER and the results displayed were as if I had typed "ISINTEG /?":

isinteg -s acraserver -fix -test alltests
isinteg -fix -test alltests
isinteg -s acraserver -test alltests

Exchange_Geek -> RE: Problems after eseutil repair (2.Jul.2010 10:01:19 AM)

Try replacing isinteg from the SP2 CD

Regards,
Exchange_Geek

Page: [1]