• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

DAG's Across WAN's

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> DAG's Across WAN's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DAG's Across WAN's - 2.Jul.2010 8:28:53 AM   
MarkCEllam

I've setup a brand new 2008 R2 Domain. The task is to setup 2 x Exchange 2010 across a WAN with DAG's. Site 1 has the fist AD server. Site 2 has 2 AD servers. All Global Cat. Replication had issues but has seemed to settle down and both site replicate AD. I was getting 1925 RPC errors but they seem to have vanished.
Physical Topology
2 Sonicwall Routers (4060/NSA240) with a VPN tunnel. (Windows broadcast traffic is not enabled currently)
IP
Site one = 194.x.x.x
Site two = 77.x.x.x Subnets on 255.255.255.0 Gateways are the Sonics
Both site can resolve DNS and ping each other (Firewalls permiting)
Exchange Topolgy
One NIC each with an IP of 194.0.0.15 other with 77.x.x.15
Setup-On site one Exchange server installed. Site two. Exchange server installed and they can see each other across the WAN. The management console looks good and both Databases are visible on Each server and a Local WS console. (I think that covers everything)
DAG's
FSW is created and added to trusted Exchange on site one. DAG group created and visible in AD. When I click on the DAG group this message appears.

Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchange Configuration Cmdlet - Remote Management
Date: 02/07/2010 12:08:23
Event ID: 4
Task Category: General
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Exch01.MessageExchange.com
Description:
(PID 6072, Thread 25) Task Get-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork writing error when processing record of index 0. Error: Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.DagNetworkRpcServerException: A server-side administrative operation has failed. 'GetDagNetworkConfig' failed on the server. Error: The NetworkManager has not yet been initialized. Check the event logs to determine the cause. ---> Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.DagNetworkManagementException: The NetworkManager has not yet been initialized. Check the event logs to determine the cause.
at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.NetworkManager.FetchInitializedMap()
at Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Replay.NetworkManager.
at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.Cluster.HaRpcExceptionWrapperBase`2.RunRpcServerOperation(String databaseName, RpcServerOperation rpcOperation)
--- End of stack trace on server

It looks to be RPC related possibly Firewall. Any thoughts would be helpful
Post #: 1
RE: DAG's Across WAN's - 2.Jul.2010 9:05:53 AM   
Exchange_Geek

Check

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchange2010/thread/eced682e-b553-4667-a8c8-c7a4866c8643

(in reply to MarkCEllam)
Post #: 2
RE: DAG's Across WAN's - 7.Jul.2010 11:34:05 AM   
MarkCEllam

Cheers,
it was that the subnet of the DC was on 255.255.252.0 and the replication was on /24. So I believe this was the issue. The problem was further compounded by changing the subnet as the DC could not then workout if it was a "Public" Private" or "Domain" Server. All AD and DNS crashed when i changed it to 255.255.255.0
Thankfully it is a new domain and I have now added a secondary DC.
I'd would have thought that the DC would have turned off all this Cr*p when I DCPromo'd the unit but obvoiusly not. Well done MS!!!!
This is a pure 2008R2 domain.

(in reply to Exchange_Geek)
Post #: 3
RE: DAG's Across WAN's - 2.Aug.2011 10:00:26 AM   
liaqatba

I have the same problem and getting an error "the networkmanager has not yet been initialized" when trying to add second node in DAG. I have two exchange 2010 sp1 server in 2 active directory sites with different ip subnets. I have resolved this issue by forcing active directory replication between sites.

LQT

(in reply to MarkCEllam)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> DAG's Across WAN's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter