• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ARCServe r15 and document level backup

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> ARCServe r15 and document level backup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ARCServe r15 and document level backup - 16.Jul.2010 3:06:26 AM   
jjfbcn

Hi everyone, I'm testing Exchange 2010 and one of the tests is to implement the backup infrastructure, I'm using ARCServe r15 to perform the backups, Exchange Database level backups performs ok, but Document Level backups are not working. In fact, when I try to see the mailboxes from the ARCServe console I get an error "Connection closed".

Any ideas will be wellcome, thank you in advance guys!!
Post #: 1
RE: ARCServe r15 and document level backup - 19.Jul.2010 7:45:38 PM   
ARCserveTech

Hi jjfbcn,
You can get lost connection messages if the account you are using to browse or backup the Exchange Document Level with the ARCserve r15.0 Agent for Microsoft Exchange does not meet all of the criteria specified in the CA ARCserve Backup for Windows Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server Guide.
Here is a summarized list of the requirements (Appendix B):
Make sure the account is a member of Domain Admins, Backup Operators and Administrators, and NOT a member of Domain Users and that the Primary Group is Domain Administrators.
Make sure the account has the role of Exchange Organization Management assigned to it using the Exchange Management Shell.
To perform a document level backup and restore job, your backup agent service account must meet the following criteria on the Exchange server:
It must be a domain account
There must be a mailbox.
The name of the mailbox must be unique. A unique name is a name that does not exist in the organization as a subset of characters in another mailbox name. For example, if there is a mailbox named Administrator in your organization, you cannot use the name Admin.
It must be assigned the Exchange Server MAPI Owner role on every public folder you intend to back up and restore because permissions for public folders can vary. If a lower permission level is assigned, back up or restore may fail or duplicate items may be restored because the backup agent service account does not have the permission to delete original documents.
To assign this role, use the Exchange Management Shell command add-publicfolderclientpermission to grant the user Owner access rights.
Note: If Exchange Server 2010 co-exists in an organization with other Exchange Server versions, make sure the designated user backup account has a mailbox that resides on the same version of the Exchange mailbox that is being backed up.

Also, there may be a problem connecting to the agent if the host file on the Exchange Server is not in the following form:

127.0.0.1 localhost
#::1 localhost
192.168.1.100 EX2010Server
192.168.1.100 EX2010Server.domain.com

(the IP address is the IP used by the EXCH2010 server, substitute your IP and server name, and domain)

Let me know if this helps!

ARCserveTech@CA

(in reply to jjfbcn)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> ARCServe r15 and document level backup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter