• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SMTP Routing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> SMTP Routing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SMTP Routing - 19.Jul.2010 6:46:26 AM   
quinla02

Hi All,

Is it possible to specify how mail is routed externally based on SMTP domain regardless of where the users mailbox exists. For example, user1@test2003.com is always routed out of the SMTP server in site 1, users1@test2007.com is always routed out of the SMTP server in site 2.

The reason I ask is weíre currently going in the process of moving sites and migrating from Exchange 2003 to 2007.

The EX2003 environment exists in SITE1 and consists of a mailbox server and an OWA / SMTP server in the DMZ. Inbound and outbound mail goes via Postini.

Iíve built an EX2007 environment in a new site (SITE2). I have a mailbox server and a hub/client access server on the LAN. In the DMZ I have an EDGE server to forward SMTP to Postini.

Both environments are in the same AD and Exchange domain. Iíve moved my mailbox to the new site without any trouble and message routing is working fine however my external mail is still routing via the old 2003 SMTP server in SITE1.

Iíve registered a new domain name for testing purposes and will create an MX record which will point to the SMTP server in SITE2.

Thanks For you help
Post #: 1
RE: SMTP Routing - 19.Jul.2010 3:16:37 PM   
Jesper Bernle

I guess you have specified a Smarthost in your Exchange 2003 in Site 1. If you remove that Smarthost entry, then your external email originating in Site 1 should go over the invisable Routing Group Connector to Exchange 2007 in Site 2 and then out to Postini.

(in reply to quinla02)
Post #: 2
RE: SMTP Routing - 20.Jul.2010 5:35:23 AM   
quinla02

Thanks Jesper, however what i'd like is for the existing 2003 mailboxes to continue routing traffic via site1 smtp and the new mailboxes in 2007 to route traffic over site2 smtp.

Thanks

(in reply to Jesper Bernle)
Post #: 3
RE: SMTP Routing - 28.Jul.2010 2:23:32 AM   
Jesper Bernle

quote:

ORIGINAL: quinla02

... what i'd like is for the existing 2003 mailboxes to continue routing traffic via site1 smtp ...

Why?!

(in reply to quinla02)
Post #: 4
RE: SMTP Routing - 2.Aug.2010 6:18:21 AM   
bpara

Create send connector at 2007 site.

-bpara

(in reply to Jesper Bernle)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> SMTP Routing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter