• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to connect exchange server without certificate.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> How to connect exchange server without certificate. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to connect exchange server without certificate. - 20.Jul.2010 12:18:00 PM   
david0531

Hi,
We have some desktops to remote connect our exchange server 2010 using outlook anywhere.If we don't want to use any certificate installation,do we have a way to do it?how can i use autoenrollment?When i configure it,why the templeate i copied from certificate can not appear in certification authority?

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: How to connect exchange server without certificate. - 21.Jul.2010 7:33:46 AM   
Marc.dekeyser

As far as I know SSL is enforced on 2010. You can create a self signed certificate if you'd like (aka don't want to buy a commercial cert) and send the root CA cert to your users that are not joined to the domain.

* No rights or priviliges can be taken from my posts.
* Always make a backup!
* http://kb.geminon.be

(in reply to david0531)
Post #: 2
RE: How to connect exchange server without certificate. - 22.Jul.2010 11:08:38 AM   
david0531

Thanks for your reply.
For remote computer,which does not join in the domain,do you think we can auto download root ca with autoenrollment?

(in reply to Marc.dekeyser)
Post #: 3
RE: How to connect exchange server without certificate. - 22.Jul.2010 11:15:21 AM   
Marc.dekeyser

I'm not sure but I don't think so. Certs can be packaged to go to the proper container tho. maybe you can work around it by making the client access f.e. mail.contoso.com that will autoinstall the package and then redirect to mail.contoso.com/owa.

Anyway, maybe someone else knows for sure if you can autodownload the root CA...

* No rights or priviliges can be taken from my posts.
* Always make a backup!
* http://kb.geminon.be

(in reply to david0531)
Post #: 4
RE: How to connect exchange server without certificate. - 28.Jul.2010 1:56:50 AM   
Japcy07

Hey,I am new in this forum I wanna know if whats new in the products of MSE and whats the latest fashion from their product that relevant in this season?

Regard!

gw2 gold

(in reply to Marc.dekeyser)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> How to connect exchange server without certificate. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter