• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Client Access Array

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Client Access Array Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Client Access Array - 22.Jul.2010 9:53:09 AM   
jez_uk

just wondered how the configuration of the CAS Array settings will effect the users and how they access our 2010 install....

We have 3 sites involved in the implementation -

S00 - hosts TMG, 2 X CAS, 2 x HUB, this is the primary route for smtp, web app, etc

S01 - 2 x CAS, 2 X HUB, DAG1. approx 700 users

S09 - 2 x CAS, 2 x HUB, DAG2. approx 600 users

all is working fine and we have migrated few test users from our current exchange 2007, looking at the configuation of a load balanced cas array, so created the DNS for outlook.domain.us set to the VIP of the NLB for the CAS servers at S01, created the array with site settings of "S01" and then set the mailboxdatabase to use the CAS array address "outlook.domain.us"

all seems fine and I can connect new clients, what I am not sure about is what to do about the rpc client array at site 09 and site 00, if outlook.domain.us uses the VIP address of the S01 NLB then what do I use at the other sites?

many thanks

Jez
Post #: 1
RE: Client Access Array - 27.Jul.2010 11:42:54 PM   
Paul Cunningham

Hi Jez,

If you want load balanced CAS arrays at every site you'll need to repeat your process at each site.

Obviously this means a unique CAS array name for each site, eg outlook-s01.domain.us and outlook-s09.domain.us

Or outlook.s01.domain.us (you get the idea)

Hope that helps,

Paul Cunningham
Exchange Server MVP

Exchange 2010 Training

(in reply to jez_uk)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Client Access Array Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter