• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ActiveSync Authentication Failure

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> ActiveSync Authentication Failure Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ActiveSync Authentication Failure - 12.Aug.2010 12:00:30 PM   
xtonehari

Hello All,

I hope someone can help me. I am pulling my hair from past three days.

We have three HTC Desire with Active Sync configured to our SBS 2003 Exchange. Till Last week it was working perfectly until one phone had problem syncing Calendar items. I looked at the Event log and found the following 4 errors for Calendaring Sync.

Event ID: 3005
Description: Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [xx.xxx.local] User: [xx@xxx.co.uk] HTTP status code: [500]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly.

Event ID: 8199
Description: Calendaring agent failed in message save notification with error 0x80040219 on xx@xx.co.uk: /Calendar/{814EBC9B-2AF3-4F15-9707-4FCF7AAB84F6}.EML.

Event ID: 8206
Description: Calendaring agent failed with error code 0x80040219 while saving appointment.

Event ID: 8260
Description: An attempt was made to save an appointment with the subject "Dad's Birthday" to mailbox xx@xxx.co.uk. The duration of the appointment was too large, so it was not saved.

I looked on Google and in one forum it suggested to install Hotfix (KB943721). After installing or whatever changes I made on Exchange or IIS everything stopped working.

Now none of the mobile can sync with email using ActiveSync. In total 5 mobile which was working last week stopped working.

On HTC I get – Authentication Failed. Please verify Username and/or password.

From Windows Mobile - activesync not an exchange server or incompatible software and error number 0x80072f17.

I uninstalled hotfix (KB943721) and still the problem persist. I don’t know / remember or not sure what other changes was made when fixing the calendar issue.

I tried all the suggestion shown on the internet, checked all the security permission on the Virtual Folders on IIS. Still the Activesync is not connecting.

When I see the IIS log, there is entry for the phone.
2010-08-12 14:55:00 W3SVC1 192.168.28.7 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync User=mstott&DeviceId=HTCAnd6a422c49&DeviceType=htcbravo 80 - 193.35.132.10 Android-EAS/0.1 200 0 0

Can anyone please help to solve this issue.

Many thanks.....
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> ActiveSync Authentication Failure Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter