Unable to delete message with an unreachable destination (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General

zwier -> Unable to delete message with an unreachable destination (13.Aug.2010 3:40:03 AM)

Hello,

This is my first post here, so if there is anything missing in my question please tell me.

Im having trouble with 1 message that seems stuck in the "Messages with an unreachable destination". Its most likely a spam message, but i cant delete it from there. If i use the right mouse button on the message the only option i get is the properties. In the properties itself theres almost no info, no message ID, no sender, no subject....
The field "Time expires" is filled with a date that is allready past.

My question is:
Is there a way to delete this message manualy or will the message be cleared after a sudden time? I allready searched the mailroot folders but they are empty, maybe these messages are stored in a folder i dont know off.

Message details:
Message size: 1059
Time of submission: 9-8-2010
Time expires: 11-8-2010
Delivery failures: 0

uemurad -> RE: Unable to delete message with an unreachable destination (13.Aug.2010 10:54:42 AM)

How are you seeing this "stuck" message?
Is that message causing a problem for your system?

zwier -> RE: Unable to delete message with an unreachable destination (13.Aug.2010 11:39:49 AM)

Hi uemurad, thx for your reply.

I see the message when i open de queues.
http:://www.flickr.com/photos/52969910@N03/4888439652/sizes/l/in/photostream
See link for screenshot i made.

The problem i have with this is that i monitor the SMTP queue growt, i get alerts all the time becoze the queue is growing thanks to this message.
For the mean time i adjusted the settings for the monitoring, but i hope to get rid of the message as you can imagine.

uemurad -> RE: Unable to delete message with an unreachable destination (13.Aug.2010 1:24:28 PM)

The default Exchange settings is that it will retry a message for 2 days (set in the Default SMTP Virtual Server). When you right click on a message in the Find Messages list, you should get the choices to Freeze, Unfreeze, and Delete (with or without NDR). Your screen capture didn't show it - what choices are you given?

zwier -> RE: Unable to delete message with an unreachable destination (17.Aug.2010 2:16:29 AM)

The only choice i get is "properties".
All others are greyed out.

zwier -> RE: Unable to delete message with an unreachable destination (26.Aug.2010 5:33:43 AM)

Found the solution.

Stopping and starting the SMTP services cleared the queue.

Page: [1]